Fixed-term Group Financial Controller
The University of Auckland is a truly great place to work. The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university. We employ more than 5400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
Our finance team is responsible for facilitating and supporting informed financial decision-making through delivery of timely and accurate information, resulting in a sustainable and viable university. This requires Finance to influence and monitor compliance with University policies, government guidelines and to achieve the targets set by University Council and external stakeholders.
We are seeking an experienced, dynamic Group Financial Controller for a 6 month fixed term opportunity. This role will be reporting to the Head of Financial Operations, and will play a pivotal role in leading the University’s financial accounting and reporting function.
Key accountabilities for this position include, but not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with Accounting Standards
- Manage and oversee the University’s tax obligations
- Manage the annual audit process
- Manage the completion and delivery of the annual statutory reports
- Lead a robust control environment
- Lead a continuous improvement programme for financial systems & processes
What we need:
- A Degree with major in Finance
- Qualified CPA/CA
- 5-7 years’ experience as a financial controller in a complex environment
- 5 + years leading mid-large professional staff
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and deal with ambiguity
- Excellent attention to detail, planning, written & verbal communication and stakeholder management
- Advanced computer skills
- Experienced in working with large ERP system, preferably PeopleSoft
- Superior Analytical skills
Why work for us?
The University of Auckland is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Wednesday 22 June 2019 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website.
APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20726. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application.
To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads).
If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115.
Applications close: Wednesday 22 June 2019
105 total views, 10 today