Fixed-term Graduate Systems Administrator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The University of Auckland is home to one of NZ’s largest and most complex IT environments. Our Connect Digital Services team is responsible for the delivery of the central applications and infrastructure to support the staff, students and community of the University of Auckland.
- Do you have a love of technology?
- Have you graduated in the last year?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to harness your technical knowledge and social skills towards a career in IT?
The main purpose of this role is to provide support, administration, implementation, and maintenance activities across an Office 365 Migration project on a 12 month fixed term contract.
- Maintain Servers / Desktops in line with existing policies and defined standards
- Assist and Maintain new Windows servers and network devices
- Active Directory and Exchange service and support
- Assist and maintain Cloud and Office 365 products
- Provide support in documenting developments
- Learn and contribute to Development, Implementation continuous improvement and Quality Assurance
- Provide feedback to teams and customers to improve development
Our ideal candidate
It would preferred that you hold a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or have graduated from such a course in the last year.
In addition, you will have the following:
- Experience in System Administration
- Understanding Virtualisation
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP and other protocols
- Some Experience with software applications: Exchange, SQL server, Antivirus, MS Office, Active Directory
- High-level analytical, conceptual and problem resolution skills
- Understanding of relevant Microsoft technologies
- Good working knowledge of at least one Microsoft platform
With such a large and complex IT environment, the scale and complexity inherent to the University offers unparalleled opportunities for skills development and learning. Combined with the breadth and nature of our digital change programme, this is the perfect opportunity for a driven performer to enjoy a stimulating working environment and a high level of job satisfaction!
If you hold the experience requested above and want to work for one of Auckland’s largest employers please submit your CV online for consideration.
To be considered for positions at the University of Auckland, candidates must be eligible to work in New Zealand or hold a valid New Zealand work visa.
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website.
APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20829. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application.
To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads).
If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115.
Applications close: 19th July 2019
186 total views, 2 today