Permanent General Manager – Te Oranga
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
General Manager – Te Oranga
Lead operationalisation of the strategic plan across a number of sectors and projects
- Develop policy and procedures
- Lead a highly technical senior team
- Reporting directly to the CEO
Te Whakakitenga o Waikato Inc is the incorporated society that represents the statutory rights and interests of Waikato iwi and ensures that the benefits of the settlement grow for the future generations.
This senior, newly created position is critical in leading the activities that will assist whānau to realise mana motuhake in the key areas of Hapori (wellbeing); Whanake (development); and Taiao (natural resources). This includes innovation and advancement focus to ensure core delivery of projects while the wider interests of the tribe are protected
You will lead the operationalisation of the strategic plan by enabling the right innovative advancement focus to ensure that core delivery projects are embedded, while also making sure that the environment interests of the tribe are protected.
Reporting to the CEO and the senior leadership team, you will lead a team of thirteen, who will develop an innovative support network that can be utilised by staff and tribal members to advance innovation. You will lead the development and implementation of strategic initiatives and business plans of projects such as; Education, Employment, Housing, Health and Wellbeing, Wealth, and Marae Connectedness.
You will have accountability for the development, implementation, and evaluation strategies to ensure the Tribe’s interests at a regional level are advanced and protected.
Key requirements for application are to include;
- Strong tribal knowledge and understanding.
- Ability to develop and write robust and comprehensive policy and procedural documents.
- Extensive leadership experience of a highly technical senior team.
- Working knowledge of government processes, familiarity with legislation, regulations, and policy development.
- A tertiary qualification in Business or Management Studies or similar experience to an equivalent level.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully working and engaging with the community, and public interest groups.
- Proficiency or a developing proficiency in Te Reo Maaori.
Representing Waikato-Tainui Tribal interests in environmental regulatory and policy making settings at a regional level, you will support marae on any specific environmental issues impacting on their respective areas via the development of proactive relationships and partnerships with local bodies.
You will be additionally tasked with Marae sustainability and capacity building, growing business development opportunities as well as extensive policy planning.
Naturally, you will have had extensive experience in a similar, senior position, and be looking for a career step forward. A remuneration package is positioned to attract a senior skill set of applicant.
How to ApplyConfidential discussions can be directed through to Heather Walker at Mana Recruitment on Ph: (09) 632 1108 or for a copy of the job description and information pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Applications Close: Friday 6th October 2017 at 5:00pm
1048 total views, 1 today