Full-Time General Manager – Te Matarau Education Trust
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
General Manager – Te Matarau Education Trust
Are you a skilled and capable senior Manager seeking a new and exciting challenge?
- Unique learning environment – led by hapū and iwi.
- Pivotal leadership position.
- Whangārei based.
Te Matarau Education Trust is a hapū and iwi consortium that focuses on supporting Māori and Pasifika Trades Training in Tai Tokerau, working in conjunction with NorthTec. The aim is to enable more Māori and Pasifika learners to obtain practical qualifications, trades apprenticeships and employment.
The position of General Manager reflects the importance of strategic leadership and organisational direction and is accountable for overall organisational success.
Demonstrating superior operating skills; financial acumen and the ability to manage risk; you will have the means to formulate a plan of action and execute it swiftly and decisively. It is an expectation that your career will have been founded on credibility and a proven track record and hands-on involvement in the organisations in which you’ve led.
Tertiary education and training sector skills would be very helpful. You will have extraordinary leadership and coaching skills to support organisational knowledge, skill, and capability.
You need to be a leader, not only within business but within the communities you operate in and have the mana and tikanga to bring diverse stakeholder groups together, to lead and foster a centralised way of working; one which harnesses change and drives a successful culture.
Competencies, skills and experience for this position are to include;
- A qualification in Education, Management, Business or similar.
- Strategic skills and the past senior leadership management experience to be able to translate strategy into operational outcomes.
- The demonstrated capability as a people influencer.
- Skills and experience in monitoring and leading organisational continuous improvement.
- Prudent fiscal skills, commercial finance and compliance experience.
- Extensive experience in people leadership at a senior level.
- Coaching, training and mentoring skills.
- Expertise in strategic planning, and the review and management of annual budgets.
- Proven relationship management across key stakeholder groups ie; local and central government and key sector entities.
- Expert communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Past demonstration of surpassing targets, deliverables and business growth.
Setting the overall direction and goals, overseeing the day to day operations and functions and displaying the mana and cultural competencies required, will keep you both motivated and challenged.
Applications close: Monday 20th August 2018 at 5.00pm.
How to ApplyThis position is an immediate start. To apply in complete confidence or for a copy of the job description please email Heather Walker email@example.com or phone (09) 632 1108. Applications close: Monday 20th August 2018 at 5.00pm.
828 total views, 3 today