Full-Time General Manager, Pūmanawa Tangata / People and Capability
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Department of Internal Affairs / Te Tari Taiwhenua is an agent of the Crown, we have an important role in supporting the relationship with Māori under the Treaty of Waitangi. We work collectively to make a meaningful difference for New Zealanders now and in the future. Our purpose is to serve and connect people, communities and government to build a safe, prosperous and respected nation.
About the role
The GM Pūmanawa Tangata / People & Capability, is accountable for leading the delivery of people and capability strategies to deliver on our vision of being a high performing organisation and a great place to work. A critical and valued role, the GM Pūmanawa Tangata / People & Capability provides trusted advice throughout Te Tari Taiwhenua and thought leadership to the Chief Executive and Executive Leadership Team. This role leads delivery of the full range of people & capability services from payroll through to organisational development.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive, He Pou Aronui / Organisational Capability and Services, the role is part of a connected and strategic Senior Leadership Team who lead a wide range of services that back the Department to succeed for Aotearoa / New Zealand. Identifying opportunities to build future focused initiatives and projects, streamline processes and implement innovative continuous improvement will be key factors that determine the success of this role.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a proven track record of successfully growing organisational capability and leadership.
- Demonstrate exceptional stakeholder management skills at the Executive Leadership Team level and cross-functional collaboration
- Continue to develop and increase capacity and skills of the function
- Be driven to achieve continuous improvement across new and flexible ways of working
- Be experienced in managing change to ensure the organisation continues to excel in delivering an outstanding service and value proposition
- Understand best practice operating models that are streamlined and appropriate for the organisation
- Have senior management experience in a people function within a large and complex organisation where you have defined, developed, and delivered major people strategies, projects and systems
- Understanding of the political process and the role and place of public service agencies and a commitment to the overall goals and objectives of the NZ Public Service including partnership with Māori in the context of the Treaty of Waitangi
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to work very closely with a strong Senior Leadership Team and drive innovation and transformation as you inspire others through vision and purpose.
How to ApplyTo submit your application, please follow this link https://www.insiderecruitment.co.nz/human-resources-and-recruitment-jobs/general-manager-p-manawa-tangata-people-and-capability/3340696 For a confidential discussion please call Melissa Dick on 09 913 0175 or Dale Gray on 09 913 0172. Please note all applications will be acknowledged electronically. Applications for this role close on Friday 21st January 2022.
378 total views, 1 today