Full-Time General Manager – Hokotehi Moriori Trust
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
General Manager – Hokotehi Moriori Trust
Go on the journey of a lifetime, setting the future course of this innovative tribal Trust based on Rekohu – Chatham Islands.
- Have you previously been a Senior Manager, GM or CEO?
- Superior operating skills; financial acumen and the ability to manage risk?
- Highly attractive package including relocation and travel allowances
The Hokotehi Morori Trust (HMT) is a tribal trust based on Rekohu – Chatham Islands. Representing the indigenous Moriori people, the Trust is setting the strategic direction of the organisation, and revitalising Moriori culture and identity via the re-education of present and future generations about Moriori culture and history, that is designed to ensure that Moriori, as a separate and distinct indigenous culture of Aotearoa/New Zealand, is not lost to this country.
Ma te rakau te hau e pupuri
Ma te kohatu te ngaru e whati
By the trees is the wind tamed
By the rock is the wave broken
HMT is asset rich; owning two sheep and cattle farms, a tourism lodge facility, several properties; fishing assets and a stunning Marae complex. Currently settling historical Treaty claims with the Crown, the Trust comprises of over 1800 registered members and 9 staff members. Restoration of the heritage, identity and culture of Moriori and building the cultural capacity of the people is of fundamental importance to the kaupapa of the organisation.
The position is located on Chatham Islands; 800km east of New Zealand. It is a community of 600 people and is blessed with beautiful landscapes, seascapes and wide-open spaces www.moriori.co.nz
The General Manager of Business Operations HMT objective is to deliver a robust strategic leadership direction, and in partnership with the Board, be accountable for overall organisational success. In addition; demonstrating superior operating skills; financial acumen; the ability to manage risk and excellent people management skills; and the means to formulate a plan of action and execute it swiftly and decisively.
Your career will have been founded on credibility, a proven track record and hands-on involvement in the organisations in which you’ve spearheaded. The successful applicant (and family) will need to feel comfortable living and working in a small Island community.
Key accountabilities of the position are to include;
- Translating vision and concepts into strategic and operational plans.
- Oversight of day to day operational management, planning, reporting, financial and staff management and leadership.
- The review of current strategies, and development of new opportunities.
- Promoting a high-performance culture of ownership and accountability.
- Developing and implementing annual business planning and refreshing existing reporting frameworks.
- Providing support to the Board including high quality, accurate information, risk and gap analysis.
- Leading strategy, direction and goals, and overseeing day to day operations and functions of the Trust.
- Overseeing and delivering on performance targets as established by the Board.
- Leading, and developing organisational cultural capacity.
Significant is your ability to lead with mana and have an exceptional cultural competency which will allow you to strengthen existing partnerships and stakeholder interests. An awareness of the affinity for the needs and aspirations of the indigenous Moriori people and genuine awareness in Moriori and tikane – and the interest to expand your learning further are pre-requisite.
Skills, expertise and competencies of the position are to include;
- The proven ability in a GM, CEO or comparable senior level position.
- The demonstrated ability as a people influencer, leader and trusted advisor.
- Experience in the translation of strategy into operational success.
- Proven relationship management and expert communication skills.
- A strong track record in operational management.
- Extensive skills in the development of strategic plans.
- Confident and experienced in media relations.
- Prior skills in strategic and financial planning, the production of annual budgets forecasting and risk analysis.
- The ability to provide oversight of day to day operational management, planning, reporting, financial and staff management.
- The efficient management of budgets, work programmes and contracts.
- Exceptional financial acumen, budget and capital allocation experience.
- Skilled in the presentation budgets, audits and compliance data to Board level.
It is expected that you will currently be a leader within business, and within the communities you operate in. You will have the mana and tikanga to bring your team together and lead and foster a centralised way of working, one which harnesses change and drives cultural values at its core.
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant including salary, accommodation, use of a vehicle, relocation and travel allowances.
How to ApplyTo apply in complete confidence or to gain a copy of the position description, call or email Heather Walker now on (09) 632 1108 or firstname.lastname@example.org
876 total views, 1 today