Full-Time General Manager Finance – Kaiwhakahaere Matua Pūtea
General Manager Finance – Kaiwhakahaere Matua Pūtea
A skilled leader with a high-level competency in Xero, and the commercial and financial literacy experience to work at a senior management level?
- Senior leadership role – reporting to the Kaihautū – CEO.
- Provide leadership and support delivery on the organisational annual plan.
- Based in Whanganui.
Ngā Tāngata Tiaki o Whanganui Trust (Ngā Tāngata Tiaki) is the Governance entity responsible for implementation of the Te Awa Tupua (Whanganui River Settlement) that focuses on the health and wellbeing of the Whanganui River and the social, cultural and economic aspirations of the uri, whānau and hapū of Whanganui nui tonu. Ngā Tāngata Tiaki (NTT) also holds approximately $90 million worth of financial assets of Whanganui Iwi within a group structure designed to protect and maximise the growth of the assets. The Ngā Tāngata Tiaki Group consists of:
- Te Ngakinga o Whanganui Investment Trust;
- Whanganui Iwi Fisheries Limited; and
- Te Whawhaki Iwi Development Trust
The General Manager Finance – Kaiwhakahaere Matua Pūtea is responsible for the delivery of the NTT financial and accounting services and commercial support of its subsidiaries. The role will lead a small finance team to deliver each relevant annual plan objective and NTT finance polices and processes. You will have the oversight of the day to day operational management, planning, reporting, financial and staff management, whilst retaining strategic oversight. Managing contract relationships with sub-contractors and suppliers, there will be the requirement to foster productive relationships will tax advisors and external auditors.
Partnering with Crown entities and other organisations on financial agreements and revenue, you will have the skill set to grow and nurture an extensive portfolio of relationships, both internal and external to the organisation. Providing investment and commercial support to NTT subsidiaries, you will Report to the NTT Kaihautū – CEO on financial, issues, risks, conflicts, and adjustments to plans or methods. Having had exposure to both strategic and financial planning, the production of annual budgets, forecasting and risk analysis you will provide sound advice reading current performance and identifying future opportunities. Responsible for systems and controls, you will proactively plan, manage, and monitor, to ensure resources are effectively managed and risk clearly identified and communicated. As a senior leader of NTT, the General Manager Finance will support the CEO in delivery of the Trust’s Strategic Plan.
Knowledge, skills, and key requirements for application will include:
- Previous General management level experience in financial management.
- A strong and comprehensive financial acumen, including cost management and financial modelling experience.
- High competency in Xero and a high-level of commercial and financial literacy.
- Extensive experience in budget preparation, financial reporting, analysis, and forecasting.
- Knowledge of tikanga Māori and an awareness and affinity for the needs and aspirations of Ngā Tāngata Tiaki o Whanganui.
- Skilled in people development with sound leadership experience.
- Experience within a NZ Charitable Trust, NGO or NFP environment desirable.
- Able to demonstrate planning and organisation skills, and highly capable in the production of financial reports.
- The reputation for trustworthiness and integrity, and the mana and the personal maturity to engender confidence and loyalty.
- A relevant, tertiary qualification in Accounting and Financial Management (preferably a CA)
Being a kaupapa Māori organisation there is an absolute commitment at NTT to cultural awareness and it is critical that the right candidate can relate and communicate clearly to a diverse audience. Having worked within comparably complex organisations, you will have comfort in leading operational process and have experience leading people. This will enable you to set team direction; communicating clear expectations of the standards of performance, accountability, and service delivery.
Managing relationships, you will foster and maintain effective working relationships with key individuals and groups from the wider Ngā Tāngata Tiaki Group and community.
Flexibility to operate in an environment of change and the ability to make well-reasoned decisions is imperative. As a member of the senior management team, you will be expecting a salary that support your relevant skills, experience, and qualifications. We will consider applicants who currently reside outside of the Whanganui area and may be seeking flexibility in that regard.
To apply or have a confidential conversation about this position in more detail, call or email Heather Walker now on (09) 632 1108 or email@example.com
Applications close on Friday 2nd October 202 at 5pm.
How to ApplyTo apply or have a confidential conversation about this position in more detail, call or email Heather Walker now on (09) 632 1108 or firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close on Friday 2nd October 202 at 5pm.
444 total views, 3 today