Permanent General Manager – Engagement and Communications
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
General Manager – Engagement and Communications
This role is positioned to attract an applicant with significant, marketing, communications and PR experience.
- Lead and inspire a senior level team.
- Lead organisational communications, PR and brand management.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive.
Te Whakakitenga o Waikato Inc is the incorporated society that represents the statutory rights and interests of Waikato iwi and ensures that the benefits of the settlement grow for the future generations.
This role will be responsible for significantly lifting the profile of the work of Waikato-Tainui by improving all elements of external and internal communications. Actively raising awareness and developing the Waikato-Tainui ‘brand’ through effective marketing and communications to key audiences.
Additionally, supporting public relations is also responsible for the positive positioning and ongoing management of the tribes’ reputation, as well as influencing positive opinion from key stakeholders.
As the GM of Engagement and Communications, you will create key positioning content around the Trusts, their purpose and values, you will set and guide the strategy for all internal and external communications and brand management, encompassing website content, PR messages, speech writing, and brand management.
Working closely alongside the CEO and the Waikato-Tainui group boards to provide support with matters regarding tribal matters and announcements and crisis management, as well as developing, implementing, and evaluating the annual communications plan.
Additionally, you will lead the generation of online content that engages tribal members and provide consistent messaging that is proactive, current and accurately reported.
Key requirements for successful application are to include:
- The demonstration of the ability to write and provide strategic advice and approaches to issues confronting iwi.
- Significant experience in senior level PR, media relations or marketing communications
- Inspiring leadership skills.
- Proven brand management experience.
- Demonstrated skills in the development of organisational communication plans
- Skills with the management, development, distribution, and maintenance of print and electronic collateral.
- 5+ years’ experience in executive management, coaching, or teaching.
- Past skills working /engaging with the community, key stakeholder and public interest groups.
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
- Proven managerial experience across many sectors or a range of organisations.
- Strong tribal knowledge and understanding of tribal history and structures.
- Sound knowledge of Waikato-Tainui, and proficiency or developing proficiency in Te reo Maaori.
You will lead the Engagement and Communications unit of five, reporting to the Chief Executive, and will be called on to deputise for the Chief Executive and other senior leadership team members as appropriate and agreed.
With the seniority of this position, it is expected that you will be able to demonstrate extensive experience and tenure in a similar New Zealand based role.
Remuneration is set to attract an applicant with significant skills, experience and seniority.
How to ApplyConfidential discussions can be directed through to Heather Walker at Mana Recruitment on Ph: (09) 632 1108 or for a copy of the job description and information pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Applications Close: Friday 6th October 2017 at 5:00pm
607 total views, 4 today