Full-Time General Manager
Skilled and accomplished in executing strategic leadership and achieving an in-depth understanding of operational development and oversight of self-directed work teams.
- Comprehensive general manager position traversing strategy and operations.
- An astute leader within the health and education sector.
- Experience of working with Māori or in a Māori organisation to a senior management level.
Ngāti Ruanui Tahua Limited is one of three subsidiary companies belonging to Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Ruanui Trust. The main function of this company is to provide governance leadership of Ngāti Ruanui Health Centre, Pātea Medical Centre, Ngāti Ruanui Kōhanga Reo, and Te Puāwaitanga bilingual Early Childhood Education.
The General Manager will lead, manage and administer the Ngāti Ruanui Tahua Limited strategy and implement strategic policy into operational deliverables and developing a safe workplace culture that creates self-directed work teams and strengths-based approaches.
The General Manager will provide proactive best practice advice on clinical and educational processes and enable all members of the organisation to have productive and positive relationships with each other. This wide-ranging position, encompassing management, oversight and the operational implementation of the strategy will permit the General Manager to embed the required measures and delivery of the operational plan. Facilitating the interactions for internal and external stakeholders is important and providing an assurance all viewpoints are expressed and considered supported by sound researched evidence with any proposals or discussions documents being robustly presented to the Board.
The General Manager of the Ngāti Ruanui Tahua must be an incisive leader, with a demonstrated and proven ability to influence and collaborate across health and education programmes. Other qualities of the General Manager will also include (but not limited to) being proactive, innovative, have led culture and organisational change management in previous roles. To have sound business and financial acumen are cornerstones to your past achievements and your mana and high cultural competency will further strengthen existing partnerships and stakeholders both internally and externally. The General Manager must have the capability to manage risk whilst mastering the connections of innovation and growth, and you will be able to formulate a plan of action and execute swiftly and decisively.
Necessary skills and experience for this position are to include;
- Extensive experience in people leadership at a senior level across health and/or education.
- Skilled in the preparation and development funding applications within the health and education sector.
- Proven experience of working with Māori or in a Māori organisation to a senior management level.
- Prudent fiscal skills – commercial finance and compliance experience within a complex health and education environment.
- A willingness to build your knowledge of Te Reo and understanding of the Tikanga o Ngāti Ruanui Iwi.
- The demonstrated ability as a people influencer and experience in building a positive organisational culture.
- Contract compliance, risk management, and monitoring experience.
- A strategic skillset and the successfully practiced management experience to be able to translate strategy into operational outcomes.
- Skills and experience in monitoring and leading organisational continuous improvement models.
- Expertise in strategic planning, critical analysis, and review of annual budgets.
- Proven relationship management and expert communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in delivering above organisational KPI’s.
- Skilled in presenting budgets, audits and compliance data to Board level.
- External stakeholder management skills and the ability to negotiate contracts and SLA’s.
- Governance reporting skills.
- Relevant qualifications in management and the health and education sector.
The General Manager will be required to navigate between governance, management, and strategy, and your knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations must be current and well-formed. It will be important to demonstrate consistent leadership behaviours in respect of Ngāti Ruanui iwi Tikanga, legislative compliance and the desired culture required of the Company, It will be essential for the General Manager to self-regulate, and aptly able to ensure strategic challenges are tackled and pathways identified to achieve successful outcomes for the organisation. Political astuteness is an expectation with an awareness of the sensitivity of the kaupapa related to health and education. Listening and promoting new ideas to share with the board and working cooperatively with staff, members of the Board, hapū, iwi, marae, government departments, and private agencies are paramount.
The General Manager will demonstrate expertise in information gathering, with the skillset to enable analysis and the development of operational recommendations. The General Manager will have extensive skills in the implementation of business and strategic plans, you will have gained considerable experience overseeing audits and performance plans, exhibiting solid financial literacy with a high level of commercial acumen. Exposure to financial planning, the production of annual budgets forecasting and risk analysis will enable the provision of sound advice with respect to the current performance of the Company while identifying future opportunities for the Trust.
We acknowledge the skillsets, experience, and skills will be extensive, and as such, will set you apart in the NZ market, therefore, requiring a remuneration that aligns to this position and your expectations.
To apply or have a confidential conversation about this newly created position in more detail, call or email Heather Walker now on (09) 632 1108 or email@example.com
Applications Close: Tuesday 20th August 2019 at 5pm.
How to ApplyTo apply or have a confidential conversation about this newly created position in more detail, call or email Heather Walker now on (09) 632 1108 or firstname.lastname@example.org Applications Close: Tuesday 20th August 2019 at 5pm.
341 total views, 5 today