Fixed-term Fixed Term – Postdoctoral Fellow
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Fixed Term – Postdoctoral Fellow
AUT School of Future Environments Huri Te Ao
Postdoctoral Fellowship opportunity
The School of Future Environments Huri Te Ao is seeking a full-time postdoctoral fellow for a three-year fixed term.
Working alongside our Head of School, Professor Charles Walker, and other researchers to build research capability in design, analysis, modelling and implementation of socio-spatial systems. The focus will be on scenarios, technologies, and design strategies for ecological transformation in urban and peri-urban communities. Topics may include;
• Urban Systems (e.g. energy, mobility, food, governance, policy, culture)
• Data Civics and Open Source Technologies for Community Development
• Regenerative Technologies, Morphologies and Transformations
• Green Infrastructures
• Digital Twins
• Cultural Mapping and Indigenous Ways of Knowing The successful applicant must hold a PhD in a relevant discipline (e.g. Architecture, Urbanism, Computer Science, Data Science, Computational Design, Ecology, Geography, Creative Technologies, Artificial Intelligence, or Entrepreneurship) and have knowledge of computational design, GIS, data visualization, simulation or other relevant skills. Additional Selection Requirements
• Research activity relevant to NZ PBRF criteria.
• PhD completed within the last five years and a track record of publications
• Proven, or demonstrated excellent potential for, an outstanding publication record.
• Excellent oral, written, visual and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
• Demonstrated high-level analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated capacity to deliver high-quality project outcomes in a timely manner.
• Understanding of equity and diversity principles.
• Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
The role will commence January – March 2024 depending on availability.
Researchers in the School of Future Environments hold a shared vision to embrace Ki Parakore – translated here as moving towards an unpolluted state. This speaks to our research direction and overview which embodies the regenerative spirit, transformation, mauri ora (wellbeing), interdisciplinarity and sustainability. If this sounds like you or someone you know, we’d love to hear from you.
For further information or an informal conversation about the role, please feel free to contact Professor Charles Walker Charles.email@example.com
Salary Range: $74,000 to $85,000 per annum (appointment level and salary commensurate with skills and experience)
Closing Date: 30 November 2023 at 11:55pm
*Full-time denotes 37.5 hours per week
At AUT we strive to be a place where people love to work and learn. We are committed to te Tiriti, excellence and inclusivity and aspire to be the University of choice for Māori and Pacific communities. We welcome people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, socio-economic situations and accessibility needs.
Please note that all applications must be submitted through the online application process. For further information, please send us an enquiry here or call 921 9499. Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email. You will need to apply through the standard registration process.
How to ApplyAPPLY HERE. Closing Date: 30 November 2023 at 11:55pm
173 total views, 0 today