Fixed-term Fixed-Term Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Finance (Teaching-focussed)
Fixed-Term Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Finance (Teaching-focussed)
- Utilise your passion for teaching empirical-finance
- Join AUT – one of the top 30 millennial universities in the world
- Two year fixed-term role based in the Auckland CBD
Auckland University of Technology Business School has a reputation as a leading provider of innovative undergraduate and postgraduate business education, with strong links to business, employers and professional bodies. Accredited by AACSB, the Business School has over 4500 students and over 150 academic staff – and is ranked in the world’s top 200 for Business and Management Studies (QS Rankings 2018).
As part of AUT’s Business School, the Department of Finance was established in 2005 and is considered to be one of the leading finance departments in Australasia. We currently have thirteen full-time staff and several PhD students. The department is ambitious and specialises in empirical finance, with our staff routinely publishing in top ranked international journals and working with the Auckland Centre for Financial Research (http://www.acfr.aut.ac.nz). We focus on high quality, innovative teaching with authentic practice based assessment and staircasing graduates through to postgraduate research. Our department’s culture is that of a small but focussed, open and highly collaborative group which supports the growth of its people.
We have an outstanding permanent, full-time teaching opportunity for a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer of Finance to join us as a key member of staff to teach empirically-focussed finance programmes at all levels. We embrace flexible, innovative industry-led approaches to teaching where the student experience is maximised and technology engaged. Examining, marking assignments and developing lecture notes amongst other things will also form key parts of the role. You will be passionate about education, reaching paper teaching aims and taking an active role in the development of programmes as you continue to develop innovative teaching methods. Your timetable will also include up to two evenings classes per week.
It is also expected the successful candidate will engage with business, the professions and the community and contribute to Departmental/Faculty activities.
Start Date: Ideally before Semester Two begins (15 July 2019).
Key requirements for the role
- Significant previous teaching experience in a tertiary setting (preferred)
- A flexible, collaborative, open and engaging attitude able to adapt to departmental teaching requirements
- Senior Lecturers must also have evidence of significant curriculum development
You must also have either of the following:
- A master’s degree and professional work experience* relevant to the area of teaching (preferred)
- Or a PhD relevant to the area of teaching and relevant industry experience
* Please note: Work experience should be at a senior level and of at least two years’ duration, within the last five years. Where the experience is not within the last five years, there must be evidence that professional currency has been maintained in the intervening period.
Appointment level and salary will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
CLICK HERE to apply for this role.
For academic enquiries: Contact Dr. Aaron Gilbert, Associate Professor and Head of Department of Finance – email@example.com
For recruitment enquiries: Contact Mike Wood, Executive Recruitment Partner – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Sunday, 31 March 2019 at 23:55pm
Auckland University of Technology is an EEO employer, we are committed to the Treaty of Waitangi and to equity. AUT aspires to be the University of choice for Maori and Pacific communities.
Please note that all applications must be submitted through the online application process. For further information, please send us an enquiry here or call 921 9499. Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email. You will need to apply through the standard registration process.
How to Apply
332 total views, 16 today