Full-Time Financial Analyst – Capital
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Permanent , full-time
- Undertake monthly Capital Expenditure analysis
Help shape the future of education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga – Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We help shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary. We do this by building relationships and understanding the needs of those who receive our services.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our mahi by doing the following:
- Taking practical action to give effect to te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Giving priority to regional and local voice
- Delivering greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support
- Improving feedback loops and information flows
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people across Aotearoa from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
About our group and team
Te Puna H anganga, Matihiko – Infrastructure and Digital – Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga – Ministry of Education, leads inclusive, accessible and integrated national, digital and physical infrastructure and transport services to the education system.
Our vision for school property is that all schools have quality learning environments as part of a well-managed and sustainable portfolio that helps deliver equitable and excellent outcomes for every child.
Mō tēnei tūranga – About this role
The purpose of the Financial Analyst role within the Te Puna Hanganga, Matihiko group is to work as part of the Capital team and undertake monthly Capital Expenditure analysis, process improvement, and interact with the PMO to improve the timeliness and quality information and reporting to the Property Delivery team and the Te Puna Hanganga, Matihiko Leadership team.
Your key priorities will include the following:
- Develop and maintain reporting models and tools for a significant capital programme
- Provide robust and timely information on programmes and project performance to the Capital Finance team
- Manage the process of reconciling and processing of internal cost capitalisation and centralised costs to individual projects in a timely manner
- Ensure that systems and processes are efficient and effective
- Identify opportunities to enhance and improve financial management, information, services etc are identified and implemented
Mōhou ake – About you
You will offer strong communication and relationship building skills and will ideally have proven accounting and/or administration experience within the public sector including experience:
- reconciling complex data sets
- working with multiple data sources and systems to compile and generate management reports
- in an asset/capital intensive organisation, ideally in the construction industry.
This opportunity will provide the right candidate with interesting and challenging work and the ability to develop and grow their career.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? – Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector. We want to provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your cover letter and resume by using the ‘apply’ button. In your cover letter we’d like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
Please note that some roles at Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga – Ministry of Education are subject to the requirements of the COVID-19 Public Health (Vaccinations) Order.
For successful applicant/s to be offered these roles, they will need to comply with the requirement to be vaccinated and provide information and evidence regarding their vaccination status.
Please review the position description by copy and pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/707234_JobDesc.pdf
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, apply now using the ‘Apply Online’ button.
For further information please contact Stephanie Phillips at email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Sunday, 5 December 2021.
How to ApplyPlease apply via this link: https://jobs.education.govt.nz/jobs/EDU-1580256A
70 total views, 2 today