Casual Financial Accountant
We are currently seeking an experienced Financial Accountant on a contract basis to provide financial accounting services within the University and to support the internal and external reporting processes.
You will support sound financial practices through financial data analysis and reconciliation while supporting the continuous improvement and project initiatives across the University.
- Month end and year end – Manage the month end and year end process reporting on Debtors, Creditors, Fixed Assets, Accruals and Prepayments.
- Financial Reporting – Prepare financial reports and resolve errors and respond to queries.
- Reconciliations – Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled in a timely manner with high quality documentation that supports the financial accounts .
- General Accounting – Support the preparation and guidance of forecasts and budgets while ensuring finance policies and procedures are adhered to.
- At least 3 years post CA qualification in a similar or relevant role
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting best practice
- Experience with advanced Financial and Accounting ERP software systems
- Experience working in a large and complex organisation
- Ability to deal with change and ambiguity
- Stakeholder and customer management skills
A knowledge of PeopleSoft Finance would be desirable.
If you hold the experience requested above and want to work for one of Auckland’s largest employers please submit your CV online for consideration.
To be considered for contract positions at the University of Auckland, candidates must be eligible to work in New Zealand or hold a valid New Zealand work visa.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website.
APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application.
To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads).
If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115.
Applications close: 31 October 2019
166 total views, 12 today