Part-Time Family Support Co-Ordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Part-time 10 hours per week – split between Middlemore Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and working from home
We are looking for a passionate human to help support the whānau of premature and unwell babies at the Middlemore NICU
The Little Miracles Trust is a not-for-profit charity, set up to provide support and resources to the whānau of premature and unwell babies across Aotearoa.
The Family Support Co-Ordinator’s role is to provide onsite support, knowledge and resources to help them get through their baby’s most challenging start to life through the NICU, the transition home and onwards.
The role includes:
- Visiting the Middlemore NICU at least twice a week to provide in-person support to current whānau.
- Promotion of the support The Little Miracles Trust offers throughout Aotearoa
- Working closely with the Middlemore NICU ward team (including Social Workers and Lactation Consultants) to understand the needs of the whānau in the unit.
- Organising resources such as care packs, weekly morning teas, hardship funds, World Prematurity Day events, coffee support groups and fundraising events
- Working with an amazing, go-getting national team to continuously develop the Trusts resources and programmes.
We need an excellent listener and empathic communicator with a can-do attitude who:
- Appropriately brings their own personal NICU or SCBU experience to the role
- Creates meaningful and authentic relationships
- Sets personal and professional emotional boundaries
- Understands cultural requirements to enhance and support family outcomes
- Has great connections in the South Auckland region (preference)
- Is Bi-Lingual (preference)
- Works independently and remotely from their team and is a time management superstar!
We offer: a small close-knit team, flexible part-time hours, work that is challenging, rewarding and offers constant learning, excellent conditions and the opportunity to contribute to a thriving Aotearoa New Zealand.
The successful applicant will need to return a satisfactory Police Record Check before commencement of employment.
How to ApplyFor more information, including the full job description please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
179 total views, 1 today