Part-Time Faculty Administrator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Faculty of Arts
Permanent, Part-time 30 hours
The Faculty of Arts is seeking a proactive, service-oriented and well-organised professional to join our small friendly Facilities and Services team as Faculty Administrator.
You will be responsible for acting as committee secretary for Faculty committees, managing the Faculty office, and providing secretarial and administrative support to Associate Deans, the Deputy Dean, the Director of Faculty Operations, the Facilities and Technical Services Manager and other senior professional staff managers.
This is a .8 permanent position, reporting to the Facilities and Technical Services Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing support for meetings, including preparing and distributing agendas and documents, taking and distributing minutes, booking meeting rooms, organising catering and any additional equipment
- Administration of room bookings for Faculty spaces
- Reception duties for the Faculty Office
- Office management of the Faculty Office including dealing with mail, stationery, consumables and maintenance of the shared tearoom
- Administrative support for faculty and university processes
- Covering administrative tasks for other Facilities staff
The successful applicant:
- This position will suit a confident and energetic individual with experience gained in administration, committee servicing or a related secretarial function.
- A high degree of attention to detail is essential, along with a high level of discretion.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills gained across multiple business levels.
- Your ability to build relationships, problem solve and provide effective support will be critical.
- You will be able to demonstrate successful organisational skills, an ability to work independently and the provision of excellent secretarial support.
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Career development programmes with over 300 career development courses
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave per annum pro rata
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, onsite childcare and various leisure and recreation services.
- A diverse and inclusive working environment.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Thursday 31st January 2019 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20416. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Thursday 31st January 2019.
506 total views, 1 today