Full-Time Facilities Services Team Leader
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Facilities Services Team Leader
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: Property Services
- Advert Closing Date: 01/12/2019
- Campus: Auckland City Campus
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Number: 55559135
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university. The Business School is one of the largest and most successful in the Australasian region and the top ranked Business School in New Zealand. Our Business School has an international reputation for its excellence, innovation, programmes and partnerships.
We are committed to creating an environment where our staff and students thrive and contribute to improving the quality of life in national and global communities, as well as enhancing the wealth creation of the nation, through excellence in teaching, research and service.
The role of Property Services is to provide a leading edge facilities management, planning and development service that contributes to the success of the University of Auckland as a vibrant and progressive University.
Its principle functions are to maintain and manage the buildings and grounds of the various campuses creating a pleasant, safe and healthy physical and social environment.
An opportunity has become available for a skilled Team Leader to join our Facilities Management team in Property Services to provide administrative support. This is a diverse position with plenty of scope and variety, offering a team focused, inclusive working environment. In addition, you will:
- Lead, support and set annual performance goals for staff
- Develop and maintain working relationships with numerous key stakeholders including faculty
- Provide ongoing administrative services, including oversight of the car parking administration to support the operation of the facility
- Foster continuous process improvements and the co-ordination of adhoc projects
Skills and experience:
To be successful in this role, you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Excellent organisational, planning skills as well as good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience in leading and managing teams to ensure timely support and services are provided within agreed timeframes.
- Tertiary qualification or relevant experience related to the role.
- Previous experience in a facilities management environment will be advantageous.
- A good understanding of health and safety best practice.
- Competence and confidence in Microsoft Windows-based computer systems
Why work for us?
The University of Auckland is dedicated to providing an excellent and stimulating environment for its employees which ensures a healthy work life balance through.
- Five weeks’ annual leave per annum.
- Up to 6.75% employer superannuation contribution.
- Over 300 different career development courses.
- Discounted, onsite childcare, parking and various leisure and recreation services.
For more information on the benefits of working here, see our Staff Benefits page.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Sunday, 01 December 2019 to be considered. Please include your CV and a cover letter outlining what strengths you would bring to this position.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Sunday 1st December 2019.
308 total views, 1 today