Full-Time Facilities and Services Team Leader
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university. The Business School is one of the largest and most successful in the Australasian region and the top ranked Business School in New Zealand. Our Business School has an international reputation for its excellence, innovation, programmes and partnerships.
We are committed to creating an environment where our staff and students thrive and contribute to improving the quality of life in national and global communities, as well as enhancing the wealth creation of the nation, through excellence in teaching, research and service.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has become available for a skilled Facilities and Services Team Leader to join our Facilities and Services team in the Business School to provide operational support for the Faculty’s facilities and activities. This is a diverse position with plenty of scope and variety, offering a team focussed, inclusive and flexible working environment.
In this role, the successful applicant will be managing a team of staff to deliver effective and efficient coordination of facilities and equipment within the Faculty working between the hours of 11am to 7pm, Monday to Friday.
Some key responsibilities will include:
- Teaching and Learning Support – coordinating a team of technicians providing and maintaining classroom equipment to the highest standard.
- Coordinating and managing the building with respect to preventative and routine building maintenance within the Sir Owen Glenn Building (OGGB).
- Overseeing room bookings (ad hoc and events) and venue management in the OGGB.
- Reception and front office management (evening) to ensure effective reception services and guest support that result in a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Space utilisation and relocation management, coordinating the space design and relocation of staff including liaison with all stakeholders, suppliers and Property Services.
- Assisting in managing all external contractors and suppliers of goods and services to the Business School.
- Supporting proactive Health, Safety and Wellbeing culture within the team.
- Providing leadership, mentoring and direction for the team and encouraging behaviours aligned to the development and maintenance of a culture that is inclusive, flexible, and encourages excellence.
Our ideal candidate:
The preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Excellent organisational and planning skills as well as good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience in leading and managing teams to ensure timely support and services are provided within agreed timeframes.
- Tertiary qualification or relevant experience or vocational qualification related to the role.
- Understanding of maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- A good understanding of health and safety best practice.
- A clear understanding of the complex regulatory environment under which teaching and research is undertaken in a tertiary environment.
- Clear knowledge and understanding of the complexities and interrelationships of building structure and infrastructural services preferably in a tertiary teaching and research environment.
Why work for us?
The University of Auckland is dedicated to providing an excellent and stimulating environment for its employees which ensures a healthy work life balance. As such we offer benefits such as:
- Wide range of leadership and development programmes
- University 6.75% superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services
- Five week’s annual leave
- Flexible working and a culture dedicated to work life balance
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Sunday, 1 September 2019 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document, outlining what strengths you would bring to this position.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website.
APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20954. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application.
To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads).
If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115.
Applications close: Sunday, 1 September 2019
248 total views, 1 today