Full-Time Executive Assistant – The Faculty of Law
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Te Whare Wānanga o Tāmaki Makaurau – the University of Auckland is Aotearoa New Zealand’s leading university and one of the world’s major research universities. Te Wāhanga Ture – the Auckland Law School is ranked as one of the best law schools in the world in the QS World University Rankings. It is the largest law school in Aotearoa New Zealand and has an international reputation for academic excellence.
Situated in the heart of the legal precinct, the Law School has strong links to the legal profession and the judiciary. The School aspires to provide a complete legal education, preparing students for legal practice as well as many other careers in an internationalised world. Its thriving undergraduate and postgraduate programmes offer the largest range of courses of any law faculty in Aotearoa New Zealand and attract high calibre students.
An opportunity has arisen for a skilled and experienced Executive Assistant to support the Dean and Deputy Dean of Law. You will be a self-starter with strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of different stakeholders. You will have a high level of business acumen, be able to think on your feet and be comfortable within a fast paced environment.
Key accountabilities of this position include:
- Ensuring the smooth operation of administrative and secretarial functions, including coordinating meetings, managing diaries, preparing agendas and recording minutes.
- Composing routine communications, reports, and presentations to the highest standard.
- Seek and contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to organise a range of administrative requirements such as travel, events and communications on behalf of the Dean.
- Working in partnership with the HR team regarding recruitment and other HR related processes.
- Completing P-card and E-card reconciliations as required.
- Working collaboratively to ensure continuous improvement and efficiency in Faculty documentation and administration processes.
We are seeking someone who has:
- Experience in a senior administrative position working with senior managers in complex organisations and large team structures.
- The ability to develop collegial relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Meticulous attention to detail and is highly organised, with the ability to manage competing demands, multitask and thrive in a truly dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to act with discretion.
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and be technology savvy.
- Experience in a tertiary environment or government sector will be advantageous but not essential.
Why work for us?
The University of Auckland is ranked No.1 globally in the inaugural University Impact Rankings by Times Higher Education (THE). This recognises our commitment to sustainability and to making a positive social impact through research and teaching.
The University of Auckland is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of 27 October 2019 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document. Please note we start reviewing applications as we receive them so please do not wait until the last day to apply.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website.
APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application.
To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads).
If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115.
Applications close: Sunday 27 October 2019
296 total views, 1 today