Full-Time Executive Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Full-time permanent – Hawke’s Bay region
We are seeking a high calibre person to support the Director of Education within the Hawke’s Bay/Tairāwhiti region of the Ministry of Education.
About this role
We’re looking for a highly experienced Executive Assistant to support to our Director of Education within the Hawke’s Bay/Tairāwhiti region of the Ministry of Education. This role acts as a trusted advisor and requires a person with sound judgment who can make decisions on behalf of the Director of Education when required.
The role entails full executive management support such as diary and workflow management, advice, administrative and planning support. As part of the Education Workforce Leadership team, you will join a group of highly capable and supportive colleagues who are actively contributing to the future of tamariki throughout Hawke’s Bay/Tairāwhiti and New Zealand.
This role performs a wide variety of at times complex administration, coordination and responsibilities, which requires considerable confidentiality, initiative, tact and independent judgment.
The Executive Assistant will need to be adaptable, responsive, flexible and dependable. Much of the work is self-appointed and requires a high degree of professional independence, constant prioritisation, initiative and self-discipline.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships across a diverse group of contacts
- The ability to understand and apply the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Computer literacy in the MS Office suite to an intermediate or advanced level. Experience with MS Office Visio would be an advantage
- Experience as a personal/executive assistant at a senior level in a similar business support role
- A high level of cultural intelligence, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills
- An ability to carry out a variety of support services with diplomacy and confidentiality
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent grammar and pronunciation is essential
- An ability to work in a challenging and changing environment
- An ability to work under pressure, remain calm and manage conflicting demands
- A can-do attitude with the ability to prioritise
- A good sense of humour
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi’s guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
How to ApplyPlease apply via our website: https://jobs.education.govt.nz/jobs/EDU-1524879 For further information please contact Bianca Burns at email@example.com Please review the position description by copying and pasting this link into your browser: https://haineslink.co.nz/HainesAdUI2/UploadedFiles/680776_Executive%20Assitant.pdf Applications close Tuesday, 13 April 2021
126 total views, 1 today