Full-Time Executive Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are looking for an energetic Executive Assistant who will be able to hit the ground running on their first day. The role reports to the Head of Financial Operations but will also provide administrative support to two additional Head of Finance roles.
It goes without saying that our next team member will be highly organised, possess lots of initiative, be able to deal with ambiguity and will be able to juggle multiple priorities with ease. If you’re looking for variety and a role where you can truly make it your own, then don’t delay apply today?
To be successful in this role, it will be important to:
- Ensuring the smooth operation of administrative and secretarial functions, including coordinating meetings, managing diaries, preparing agendas and recording minutes.
- Drafting communications, reports, and presentations to the highest standard.
- Seek and contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a Personal Assistant/Executive Assistant role, or in a senior administrative position working with senior managers in complex organisations and large team structures
- We are seeking somebody who has meticulous attention to detail and is highly organised, with the ability to manage competing demands, multitask and thrive in a truly dynamic environment.
- You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to act with discretion, as well as an advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and be technology savvy
- Experience in a tertiary environment or government sector will be advantageous but not essential
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university. We employ more than 5400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
Our finance team is responsible for facilitating and supporting informed financial decision-making through delivery of timely and accurate information, resulting in a sustainable and viable university. This requires Finance to influence and monitor compliance with University policies, government guidelines and to achieve the targets set by University Council and external stakeholders.
Why work for us?
The University of Auckland is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Sunday, 5 May 2019 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website.
APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20642. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application.
To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads).
If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115.
Applications close: Sunday, 5 May 2019
248 total views, 1 today