Full-Time Events Manager
University of Auckland Business School
The University of Auckland Business School’s Communications and Marketing team are looking for a Events Manager to lead and manage the faculty events team in developing and delivering a programme of impactful and successful events.
This role reports to the Business School Communications and Marketing Manager and is responsible for managing an events team of three Event Coordinators. The Business School events team manage over 250 events a year involving a wide variety of formats and audiences.
The Events Manager will work closely with Business School stakeholders, other members of the Communications and Marketing team, other University departments and external organisations
Our ideal candidate is:
- An experienced event manager with attention to detail and great communication skills
- A confident and effective team manager and leader
- Adept at managing relationships with a large number of stakeholders and delivering excellent customer service
- Able to demonstrate initiative and meet tight timeframes
- Experienced at event management and marketing in a large complex organisation
Please see the attached position description for more information.
You can look forward to some great benefits whilst working at the University of Auckland, including:
- Competitive salary
- 6.75% superannuation scheme
- 5 weeks’ annual leave
- Subsidised car parking and childcare
- Flexible working and a culture dedicated to work/life balance
- discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
Please apply online by the closing date Sunday 3rd February 2019.
Please include a combined CV and covering letter outlining what strengths you would bring to this position. This is a professional staff, level 5 position.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20421. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Sunday 3rd February 2019.
167 total views, 10 today