Full-Time Events and Sponsorship Coordinator
Communications and Marketing
About the role
We have a vacancy for an Events and Sponsorship Coordinator role to work within the University Marketing team. Reporting to the University Brand Manager, the role is located at our beautiful premises on Princes Street. You will be responsible for providing professional coordination, promotion, management and delivery of University recruitment and sponsorship events and trade expo’s, and ensure all events are compliant with University policies.
Our ideal candidate
- Have 2-3 years event experience with a strong marketing communications background.
- Experience organising or coordinating a range of large and small events with audiences from 20 – 1000+ in a large complex organisation.
- Strong project planning, coordinating and execution experience. Highly organised and detail oriented.
- Have a working knowledge of social media, content marketing, lead generation and publications in order to bring a marketing focus to executing events and leveraging sponsorships.
- Be able to report and analyse relevant data, providing learnings and recommendations for future events.
- Be calm under pressure and able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Be a team player, collaborative and effective in working with and managing multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates problem-solving ability requiring judgement and interpretation of established information.
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Have experience in managing stock and merchandise.
- Have experience in managing and reporting on budgets.
More information about this role is available in the Position Description.
Why work with us
The University of Auckland is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
We also offer a company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, discounted childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
Applications should be submitted online, before the closing date of 25 November 2019 and include an up to date CV and cover letter.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz.
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: 25th November 2019.
188 total views, 3 today