Part-Time End User Support Engineer
IT Services at the University of Auckland is responsible for the delivery of the centralised systems and applications infrastructure to support the staff, students and community of the University of Auckland. The primary objective of IT Services is to provide technology-related services that support the University’s core functions of Teaching, Learning and Research, together with enhancing the student experience.
The End User Support Engineer will provide a great customer experience first and foremost. As the customer facing support for ITS this role is very important to the success in achieving our vision to be the #1 digital service provider for higher education in Australasia.
The role is deliver technical excellence to all communities of the university including students, academics and professional staff, assisting them to meet their goals in learning, teaching research and administrative activities.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have the ability to manage multiple priorities in a busy environment
- Be able to work quickly and accurately and enjoy learning
- At least three years’ experience of providing IT support services in a large and complex organisation. Experience with IT trouble ticketing and ITIL processes
- Ability to identify and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions for developing appropriate solutions
- Ability to communicates with clarity, and interact with customers at all levels of the university
- In Depth Knowledge of Microsoft, Mac and Unix operating systems and providing IT support with within various desktop and server environment including network infrastructure
Why work for us?
The University of Auckland is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Friday, 26 April 2019 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website.
APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20669. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application.
To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads).
If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115.
Applications close: Friday, 26 April 2019
118 total views, 4 today