Part-Time Education Support Worker – Wellington
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Wellington Region (Wellington West and North
- Permanent, part-time position
- Variable (minimum five) hours per week during school terms
We are looking for Education Support Workers (ESWs) who are able to work confidently in early childhood facilities in the Wellington West and North areas (although not limited to these areas). You will have some experience with working successfully with young children. Having some understanding of the early childhood education sector would be useful.
The hours vary on a term by term basis, with a minimum of five hours per week (term time only), with some terms being up to 25 hours per week.
You will be required to work as part of early learning centre teams in a variety of settings across the district. You must be able to follow directions and show initiative. Successful applicants will be able to adapt to diverse situations and settings. Communication is critical in this role. Training and support is given. ESW’s work alongside lead workers and the wider team from Learning Support, teachers, parents and whānau, supporting children with additional needs. Travel is a requirement of the position.
Ideally you should have the following:
- Experience in working in the early childhood setting or with young children
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to follow directions and show initiative
- A sensitivity and be able to demonstrate cultural and ethnic understanding and diversity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A current clean full driver’s licence
As part of your application, please include a cover letter together with CV and addressed to Colin Tarr, Service Manager Wellington North and West, Learning Support, Ministry of Education.
If this opportunity interests you apply now using the ‘Apply Online’ button.
You can view a job description below or for further information please contact Justine Fleming or Emma Roylance on (06) 364 0840.
How to ApplyTo apply, please click here.
Applications close midnight Tuesday, 30 April 2019.
196 total views, 1 today