Full-Time Education Advisor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Permanent, full-time role
- Based in the Hamilton office
- Salary range approx. $78,000 – $88,000
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
Help shape the future of education
At the Ministry of Education, we work together to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
Our organisation is made up of more than 3,000 talented and committed people around New Zealand, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
About our group and team
Our teams around the country work closely with the Early Childhood and Schooling sectors, providers, and communities to provide support, expertise and resources to help children and young people reach their full potential.
We also directly provide Learning Support for around 40,000 children and young people.
About this role
You will work directly with senior leaders, school boards and Communities of Learning /Kāhui Ako to achieve successful educational outcomes for all students, with a particular focus on addressing inequity and realising the potential of Māori and Pacific students. You must be able to influence others and back this up with knowledge, skills and experience in improving student engagement and achievement. A part of this role will involve casework to support some of the most disadvantaged and disengaged students in our community as well as supporting governance and strategic planning.
You will have an appropriate tertiary qualification and recent experience in the New Zealand schooling sector.
In your role, will bring expertise in the following:
- In-depth understanding of factors influencing education performance and student achievement and participation,
- Knowledge of curriculum delivery and assessment
- Knowledge of recent legislative changes and the impact on schools
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with demographic data to determine needs, priorities and results
- The ability to build and maintain successful relationships
- Experience in developing and implementing projects and in contract management
- The ability to contribute to the regional goal for Māori achieving and enjoying educational success as Māori and to work confidently with schools and kura in both Māori medium and mainstream contexts
You will also offer the following:
- An understanding of the relevance of identity, language and culture for Māori, Pacific people and students who require additional learning support
- Successful experience working with school leaders, school Boards or Communities of Learning – Kāhui Ako to strengthen school practice and raise student achievement
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A methodical and systematic approach to work whilst being solution focused
- The ability to understand and apply the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and tangata whenuatanga
Are you ready to make a difference?
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, including Māori, Pacific and those with disabilities, who will enrich our understanding of the education system.
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi’s guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
Please review the position description by copy and pasting this link into your browser: https://jobs.education.govt.nz/jobtools/b_fileupload.proc_download?in_file_id=57956635&in_servicecode=CUSTOMSEARCH&in_organid=17584&in_sessionid=0&in_hash_key=18E94C9F70D47CF54903AC3F7509039F
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply now using the ‘apply online’ button.
For further information, please contact Linda Collins at 07 850 8882
How to ApplyPlease apply via this link: https://jobs.education.govt.nz/jobs/EDU-1576540. For further information, please contact Linda Collins at 07 850 8882.
237 total views, 2 today