Full-Time Education Adviser – Maori Engagement
- Based in Otago/Southland
- Sector Enablement and Support
Sector Enablement and Support (SE&S) is the key interface between the ministry and education providers. It is our role to ensure that sector leaders and the communities in which they operate have access to the expertise, programmes and resources that will allow our children and young people to reach their full potential.
Education Adviser – Māori Engagement
The Education Adviser – Māori Engagement works to support the individual student pathway for Māori children and young people, particularly those who are disengaged from education. They ensure Māori children and young people, parents and whānau, iwi, and employer’s perspectives are considered and embedded in programmes of work, new initiatives and as part of any implementation or change process to deliver education success.
About the person
We are looking for person who can do the following:
- Relate to and understand the aspirations and needs of Māori children and young people, parents and whānau, iwi, businesses and employers in the region
- Report, analyse and evaluate research and data from a wide range of sources to identify and respond to priorities for Māori children and young people
- Work in partnership with parents, families, whānau, businesses and employers to understand their needs and provide a foundation for education success
- Identify and support other agencies and providers to ensure Māori children and young people are able to engage and participate in education
If you are looking for a rewarding challenge, apply now using the ‘apply online’ button. For further information please contact Julie Anderson 027 836 4846.
How to Apply
Please review the position description here.
If this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role.Applications close at 5pm on Friday, 29 June 2018.
127 total views, 9 today