Full-Time Early Intervention Teacher
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Learning Support, Bay of Plenty Waiariki
Fixed-term position, based in Whakatane
Starting 6 May 2019 to 29 November 2019, (full-time)
As staff member transitions back to work, there is a part-time position (two days per week) in December 2019 finishing at the end of January 2020.
Do you want to make a positive difference to the lives of our tamariki, their family and whānau?
Applications are invited from early childhood professionals to join our team providing services to children with additional needs in the early childhood years.
The successful applicant will have the following skills:
- Have a Diploma in Early Intervention or qualified Early Childhood Teacher with ideally a minimum of three years teaching experience and be willing to complete a Diploma in Early Intervention
- Knowledge and experience in Early Childhood Education policy and practice
- Be committed to including children in a variety of early childhood settings and ensuring their presence, participation and learning
- Be able to support effective transitions for children from early childhood into school settings
- Work within a multi-disciplinary early intervention team
- Have skills and experience in working with children with a range of developmental and behavioural needs
- Build relationships with children, families whānau, educators and community agencies
- Develop, implement and monitor Individual Plans in conjunction with the child’s team
- Have a full and current driver’s licence
- Have knowledge of working in the Learning Support Delivery Model
Although this position in based in Whakatane you may be required at times to work across the wider Bay of Plenty – Waiariki region.
If this opportunity interests you apply now using the ‘apply online’ button.
You can view a Job description above or for further information please contact Alison Jones at Alison.Jones@education.govt.nz
Previous applicants need not apply.
How to ApplyIf this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role.
Please review the position description here.
Applications close midnight - Sunday, 28 April 2019.
211 total views, 1 today