Fixed-term Doctoral Admissions Advisor – Academic Services (12 month fixed term)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The University of Auckland (42,000 students) is New Zealand’s leading university and maintains significant computational, laboratory and analytic facilities.
Our team play the crucial role in assessing the University of Auckland’s doctoral applications. This is a complex role which requires an inquiring yet decisive mind. We work hard to be able to swiftly and accurately assess doctoral applications from all over the world and across a huge variety of research topics.
Our work spans the entire University, and you will be able to develop relationships with both professional and academic staff across our Faculties.
About The Role
This role requires you to assess the application of students wishing to join our doctoral programmes. You will assess their application in line with our entry criteria, and work with applicable faculty staff to find the most suitable PhD students.
While you might not be familiar with the academic system, if you have prior experience interpreting and applying legislation or policies to complex claims, submissions or requests we would love to hear from you.
- You’ll assess applications for admission and scholarships to University doctoral programmes according to agreed entry criteria within agreed timeframes.
- You’ll advise prospective students, agents and key internal stakeholders about the University’s courses and entry requirements.
- You’ll build strong, trusting relationships with key stakeholders, including those in senior leadership roles, and academic staff.
For more detailed information, please see the position description.
- You will be comfortable making decisions when provided with a clear framework
- You will be ready to learn from those around you and be comfortable with a continuous improvement culture
- You will have high-level customer and stakeholder service skills with demonstrated ability to deliver this type of service.
- You will be a fantastic communicator and able to exhibit interpersonal effectiveness through behaviours that influence others and inspire co-operation and achievement.
- You will be able to identify areas for positive change and contribute to innovation by being able to initiate, facilitate, and support the work we do.
You can look forward to getting involved in research as you build your knowledge of domestic and overseas education systems.
Why work with us
The University of Auckland is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
We also offer a 6.75% superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, discounted onsite childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit our Staff Benefits page.
Applications should be submitted online, before the closing date of Monday, 3rd August 2020 and include an up to date CV and cover letter.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
In accordance with our commitment to equitable recruitment, the University welcomes applications from all suitably qualified and experienced candidates. In response to COVID-19 the New Zealand Government has imposed a travel ban and are currently only allowing New Zealand Residents, Citizens and visa holders meeting a strict exception policy to enter the country, all of whom must currently enter Government approved quarantine for two weeks on arrival.
It is uncertain when these border restrictions will change, and this may impact the degree to which an off-shore candidate can engage in the interview process; or be available to commence in a new position. For more information and updates on the border restrictions visit the Immigration New Zealand website or the New Zealand Government’s official Covid-19 website.
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Monday, 3rd August 2020
111 total views, 5 today