Full-Time Director – Research Strategy & Integrity
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Director – Research Strategy & Integrity
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university and one of the world’s major research universities. As the country’s largest and most comprehensive university, the University of Auckland conducts teaching and research across eight faculties and two large-scale research institutes.
Playing a vital role in contributing to the success of the University of Auckland as a vibrant and progressive University, we are committed to maintaining our international reputation as a world-class research institution. Our researchers are at the leading edge of innovation across many disciplines with more than 12,000 staff and postgraduate students involved in fundamental and applied research. This work enhances our reputation and world ranking and generates more than $200 million in annual research revenue.
It is an exciting time at the University as we continue to develop and grow in the field of research. With a continued emphasis on advancing world-class research at the University, the opportunity has now arisen to appoint a new Director – Research Strategy & Integrity.
Reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research), this is a pivotal role in the University of Auckland’s Senior Leadership Team with key accountability for providing strategic leadership in achieving the University’s research goals. This is achieved through strategy development and implementation within our faculties and Large Scale Research Institutes (LSRI’s). In addition, this role has oversight of responsible conduct within research through leadership of the research integrity function.
Key accountabilities include:
- Strategy & Planning including the development and implementation of faculty and University research strategy plus investigation of challenges and opportunities in the domestic and international research funding environments.
- Staff Leadership across the Research Strategy and Integrity team with clear direction and expectations for the achievement of agreed objectives.
- Operational activities including an ongoing programme of work to review and embed strategy, service standards and compliance frameworks.
- Leadership and participation within the national and international research sector whilst representing the University in external fora.
- Stakeholder and Relationship Management including development of internal and external partnerships and relationships.
- Manage and support the resourcing and implementation of major projects in conjunction with the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research).
- Champion and support the University’s commitment to Māori, and the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi/Treaty of Waitangi.
- Set, monitor and ensure adherence to Health & Safety standards and the University’s Health & Safety policy.
Our Ideal Candidate
As a highly experienced people leader, our ideal candidate will demonstrate a high-level ability to influence and communicate effectively to a diverse range of stakeholders. They will have the technical background to develop and implement research strategy within a higher education setting combined with high-level management skills and commercial acumen. They will operate with energy and passion and will demonstrate a collaborative approach where they partner closely with peers, value the needs of others and model best practice principals and behaviours. Teamwork, customer focus and negotiation skills are vital to the role.
Preference will be given to candidates with proven research leadership experience in large-scale, complex environments combined with a strong knowledge and understanding of research systems, funding and regulatory policy.
What We Offer
The University of Auckland offers an environment and position in the International research sector that is both diverse and unique. We are looking towards the future and this role offers huge potential and growth for the successful applicant.
In addition, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 6.75% superannuation scheme
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Flexible working and a culture dedicated to work life balance
Please apply online at our careers site. Any additional enquiries can be directed to Joshua Chapman on 09 923 8262 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Tuesday 6th August
Applications for this job will close temporarily from Friday 2nd August until Monday 5th August as we transition to a new recruitment system, therefore you will not be able to apply for this job during this time. We apologise for the inconvenience and look forward to receiving your application.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website.
APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20880. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application.
To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads).
If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115.
Applications close: Tuesday 6th August
384 total views, 1 today