Full-Time Director of Engagement and Brand – New Zealand Green Building Council (NZGBC)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Director of Engagement and Brand – New Zealand Green Building Council (NZGBC)
This role provides the opportunity to
- lead engagement and brand delivery on a national platform
- be a visible leader in the sector
- Deliver awesome marketing and communications
As a visionary, you will hold big beliefs of what can be achieved, and as an individual you will have the passion, industry knowledge and connectedness, to deliver results and work with a high performing team
Do you believe New Zealanders deserve healthy, warm homes, and cleaner and less polluting buildings? If you answered yes, then this is the role for you.
The New Zealand Green Building Council (NZGBC), is a not for profit created by the property and construction sector to improve the health and sustainability of Aotearoa’s buildings and homes. We believe that better buildings mean healthier, happier Kiwis. We want all New Zealanders to live in warm, healthy homes, and for all our buildings to be clean, efficient places in which people thrive.
It is an exciting time to be involved. As a result of successful influencing Aotearoas’ homes and buildings are be transformed over the next 24 months.
The NZGBC is frequently in tier one media outlets. We are called on by Government to have input into crucial regulation and legislation. We are supported by a global network of Green Building Councils and, at home, over 500 of Aotearoa’s most influential construction & property businesses (including much of the NZX).
This is a great opportunity for you to leverage off these assets and our large active social media engagement to drive further interest in healthy low carbon buildings & homes.
You will inspire, motivate and guide the 5 brilliant members of your team. As a key member of the leadership team and reporting into the Chief Executive, you will have a say on the direction of the organisation.
You will be managing key external relationships and creating strategic partnerships which increase the visibility of our work.
Developing, creating and delivering marketing strategies and events that motivate people to become involved and lead to an increase in engagement, you will be well established within the industry – with industry connections built up over the years having worked in the profession.
Your genuine leadership style will enable you to set direction and goals, to oversee day to day operations and overall team functions and also roll up your sleeves to work alongside a high performing team
You will have construction or property sector experience, or have a range of skills from a senior position within NFP or an NGO.
You will have
- at least three years experience within a marketing or communications leadership position.
- a demonstrated ability as a people influencer – a strong and proud leader able to take people on your journey.
- asset and brand management skills and a solid demonstration of website management.
- experience in leading the delivery of a national calendar of events and activities.
- proficiency in collateral development and the management of 3rd party providers.
- skill in coaching, mentoring with established ability as a people influencer and people leader.
- proven relationship management experience and expert communication skills.
- experience of translating strategy into operational outcomes.
- experience of overseeing events management – large conferences and smaller events
- a sense of humour and drive to make a real difference.
- a bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related discipline or substantial experience within the building/construction sector.
- an openness to diversity and inclusion within the workplace and an ability to apply a cultural lens to your work
New Zealanders are marching in the streets for change. Businesses and Government are setting zero carbon targets. The NZGBC has the low carbon tools to improve the health of New Zealand whanau, tamariki & mokopuna.
Are you ready to use all your knowledge and skills to drive real change? Are you ready to transform Aotearoa’s buildings?
Send your CV and cover letter setting out how you meet the specifications required, to Heather Walker firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions call (09) 632 1108.
Salary and benefits are positioned to attract an experienced and senior level of applicant.
Applications close: Monday 11th November 2019 at 5pm.
How to ApplyAre you ready to use all your knowledge and skills to drive real change? Are you ready to transform Aotearoa’s buildings? Send your CV and cover letter setting out how you meet the specifications required, to Heather Walker email@example.com. Any questions call (09) 632 1108. Salary and benefits are positioned to attract an experienced and senior level of applicant. Applications close: Monday 11th November 2019 at 5pm.
665 total views, 2 today