Full-Time Director Equity Outcomes and Delivery – Māori Health
Director Equity Outcomes and Delivery – Maori Health
Permanent, Full time
- Newly created role to implement the Lakes DHB’s Maori Health Equity strategy
- Lead the change to make sustainable improvements in Maori Health outcomes
- Use leadership and engagement to build a culturally safe and competent workforce
An exciting opportunity exists for a pivotal senior management position reporting to the Chief Executive and as a key member of the Executive Leadership Team.
The Director Equity Outcomes and Delivery will provide expertise and leadership within the Lakes District Health Board (Lakes DHB) to implement the Lakes DHB’s Maori Health Equity strategy including He Korowai Oranga Refresh 2014, Whakamaua: Maori Health Action Plan 2020-2025, Te Manawa Taki Regional Equity Plan and the Lakes DHB’s Maori Equity Plan -Te Tuhi o Te Rangi.
Working closely with the executive and clinical leaders the successful applicant will ensure Maori health equity strategies and goals for the Lakes DHB rohe and the Te Manawa Taki region, are met.
The Director Equity Outcomes and Delivery for Maori Health will provide leadership that will harness the energy, commitment and creativity of all staff to build strong and effective operational teams capable of providing culturally safe and competent services of the highest quality.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Develop, drive and implement the Lakes DHB’s Maori health policy, direction, strategies and tactics to achieve sustainable improvements in Maori Health outcomes
- Lead design and delivery of services for Maori where Maori leadership is appropriate to improve performance in reducing inequalities
- Be responsible for ensuring effective financial and contract management outcomes
- Proactively manage the Lakes DHB relationships with nga iwi o / the iwi of Lakes DHB throught the Iwi Relationship Board’s Te Roopu Hauora o te Arawa and Te Kapua Whakapipi – Ngati Tuwharetoa.
To be successful the ideal applicant needs to have:
- Demonstrated ability to transfer Te Aō Māori views, concepts, knowledge and practices for system responsiveness
- A good knowledge of tikanga
- A proven leadership / management record of engagement at a strategic level with hapu / iwi and/or Maori organisation
- A proven leadership / management record at a senior level
- A relevant university degree is essential
The DHB is a major employer in the area of skilled clinical and non-clinical support staff, responsible for the provision of hospital and specialist services, as well as planning and funding health services for the people of Lakes DHB rohe.
In Rotorua and Taupo, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain (skiing), rivers, lakes, and outstanding biking and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
The Lakes District Health Board is a large organisation (1,800 staff and a few hundred contractors) operating in the exciting and ever changing health sector.
If you are passionate about making a difference in this dynamic strategic role, please apply by CLICKING HERE
Preliminary confidential phone enquiries can be made to Hannes Schoeman, General Manager – Human Resources, 027 4410614.
The closing date for applications is 12th February 2021
How to ApplyIf you are passionate about making a difference in this dynamic strategic role, please apply by CLICKING HERE Preliminary confidential phone enquiries can be made to Hannes Schoeman, General Manager – Human Resources, 027 4410614. The closing date for applications is 12th February 2021
196 total views, 15 today