Permanent Digital and Content Marketing Manager
Waipapa Taumata Rau | The University of Auckland
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university, with a turnover of $1.3bn, including research revenue of over $300m generated across eight diverse faculties and two research institutes. We employ more than 5400 academic and professional staff to support over 45,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
Our mission and values place strong emphasis on both our student body and our scholarly community, and we work with both community and enterprise to advance the well-being of the peoples of Auckland and New Zealand, with a clear commitment to pursuing sustainability.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a digital champion to join us as our Digital and Content Marketing Manager. You will be responsible for driving momentum, creating a culture of innovation, and embracing customer-led data and insights to make decisions.
You will be responsible for the digital marketing and content strategy for the university marketing team to build awareness and engagement with key audience segments. This includes working with partner agencies to optimise digital campaigns and leading the creation of content for owned-channels with a key focus on performance and optimisation.
The core of your role will involve:
- Build advocacy and confidence with the marketing teams and wider stakeholders to grow capability across the University.
- Lead the development of a multi-channel digital content strategy including creation, audience segmentation and distribution.
- Provide digital marketing leadership, best practice recommendations and aligned processes to enhance the capability and customer experience.
- Work collaboratively with teams across the University including the Connected Experience Centre (Student Contact Centre, Marketing Automation Operations), Faculty and University Marketing teams to develop and evolve customer journeys and for complex and lengthy decision making (path to purchase).
- Collaboratively develop and implement marketing automation marketing and content plans to grow more personalised engagement with prospective students.
- Develop a team culture where everyone gets the opportunity to do their best work and is proud of their achievements.
- Ensure the team understands how their work contributes to the achievement of the University’s Strategic Plan and Marketing Strategy.
For more detailed information, please refer to the Position Description.
He kōrero mōu | About you
To thrive in this role you will need to be passionate about emerging technology and seeking ways to improve marketing performance. We are looking for someone with the vision to transform our digital marketing and an understanding of complex customer journeys and how a multitude of touchpoints influence decision making.
You will be happy to be hands-on, especially in the early stage of the role, as well as successfully lead a team and build advocacy with a wide variety of stakeholders. You will enjoy working collaboratively, comfortable piloting new ideas and confident to present to senior members of the university.
We are seeking someone with:
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent
- 8+ years experience with 3 or more years in a digital marketing or agency role
- A comprehensive understanding of the digital market and relevant Martech
- A champion mentality to promote and gain buy-in for digital marketing initiatives
- Ability to analyse and optimise data from multiple touchpoints to inform decision making and performance
- Excellent understanding of marketing automation tools and customer journeys
- Experience using and optimising digital advertising platforms – Facebook, Google Ads
- Search and programmatic
- Experience creating and content management of audience specific digital content
- Ability to lead and influence change
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
To succeed in this role it is essential that you have In-depth and hands-on experience of the following platforms:
- Google Analytics
- Google ads
- CMS – AEM and WordPress
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What we offer
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university and maintains significant computational, laboratory and analytic facilities. Auckland itself is frequently rated as one of the world’s most liveable cities.
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices (including working from home, flexible hours)
- Up to 6.75% company superannuation scheme
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
In addition, we also offer career development programmes, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Tuesday, 28 September 2021 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV highlighting how you can meet the skills and experiences detailed above.
Please reach out to Neil Constable via firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential conversation. Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email.
In accordance with our commitment to equitable recruitment, the University welcomes applications from all suitably qualified and experienced candidates. In response to COVID-19 the New Zealand Government has imposed a travel ban and are currently only allowing New Zealand Residents, Citizens and visa holders meeting a strict exception policy to enter the country, all of whom must currently enter Government approved quarantine for two weeks on arrival.
It is uncertain when these border restrictions will change, and this may impact the degree to which an off-shore candidate can engage in the interview process; or be available to commence in a new position. For more information and updates on the border restrictions visit the Immigration New Zealand website or the New Zealand Government’s official Covid-19 website.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to equity.auckland.ac.nz.
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Tuesday, 28 September 2021
78 total views, 8 today