Part-Time Deputy Registrar of Electors – Wellington
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Deputy Registrar of Electors – Wellington
About the role (Permanent Part-time)
This is a 20 hour per week role for a person who is self-motivated and focuses on providing quality services and accurate information to join our team at the Lower Hutt office.
This role will keep you challenged and offer you variety – from administration and data entry to undertaking outreach and community engagement activities, creating community partnerships, and to fulfilling public speaking engagements.
- Gather and maintain an accurate roll within the nominated electorate(s)
- Encourage and inspire eligible electors to participate in elections
- Build and maintain relationships with key community stakeholders
- High level of flexibility and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships
- Well organised with a high attention to detail
- Work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Have knowledge/awareness of different cultures
- Confident with computers with a sound working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in parliamentary elections.
We are an independent Crown Entity who works with and through communities to inform, engage and educate New Zealanders about the value of participation, make it easy for them to enrol and vote, promote understanding of New Zealand’s democratic processes, and deliver parliamentary elections and referenda.
Why join the Electoral Commission:
The Commission is building an inclusive strength-focused culture where diversity is encouraged and valued. We understand how important family is; therefore, we support a family-friendly atmosphere. You will join a team who are here for the right reasons, and we are passionate about what we do.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible working conditions; the current salary range (pro-rata): $59,097 to $79,955.
Applications close 5pm, Wednesday 15 January 2020.
How to ApplyFor more information regarding this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or to apply for this role, go to: www.jobs.govt.nz and quote job number 1438630. Applications close 5pm, Wednesday 15 January 2020.
623 total views, 1 today