Full-Time Data Scientist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Social Wellbeing Agency (SWA)
Toi Hau Tāngata
- Develop analytical methods and products for social wellbeing outcomes
- Be at the forefront of SWA’s analytical innovation
- Make a difference in the lives of New Zealanders
Are you a data scientist who is adept in critically identifying business issues and applying analytical techniques? Excited about being at the forefront of analytical innovation? This could be the role for you.
We are looking for a Data Scientist with some existing work experience, someone who is curious, has the ability to self-assess, test ideas and work with agility both internally and across the wider sector. You will use innovation to influence and provide advice in developing client centric solutions. Amongst other things you’ll be:
- Challenging the status quo
- Developing methods and products to provide a better way of doing things
- Managing key analytical projects both internally and across the wider sector
Who we are
The Social Wellbeing Agency is a small government agency with a big mission – to do what works for better lives. We demonstrate the value of using data, technology, and people’s lived experience to support decision making across the social system. We trial and champion innovative ways government, NGOs and community can work together. Alongside service users we explore, test and develop tools and insights to help all parts of the social system do more of what works for better lives.
We’re out to add smart people to our permanent talent pool who are agile, curious and hardworking, and who instinctively care about the wellbeing of others. If that’s you – read on.
The Analytics team
The Analytics team supports analytics capability for the social sector, by acting as an integrator through using and developing analytical methods and products to measure outcomes for social wellbeing.
You will use innovation (through technology or methodology) to influence and provide advice in developing client-centric solutions. You will also identify opportunities for SWA to collaborate with other agencies to support improved decision-making within the social sector.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in critically identifying business issues and applying analytical techniques
- The ability to translate technical information to a non-technical audience
- A relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Operations Research)
- High proficiency with the likes of R, SAS, Python or similar data science programming language(s)
- Exposure to the Statistics NZ IDI would also be useful.
- Experience with machine learning techniques would be highly beneficial. An innate sense of curiosity that keeps them up to date on the latest research and technologies
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. Talk to us about what flexible work arrangements might work for you and us both. You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this job.
Like to Know More?
You can find out more about SWA by visiting our website.
How to ApplyHow to apply Internal SWA Employees – please apply through the internal careers website. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as an internal candidate. External Candidates - Please apply online with your CV and cover letter via the "apply" button. All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact email@example.com We look forward to hearing from you. Applications close: Sunday 5 April 2020
318 total views, 4 today