Fixed-term Customer Service Representative
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Customer Service Representative – Census Field Helpdesk
Play a vital role in supporting our Field Staff in the collection of data from households across Aotearoa
- Do you have a passion for helping people?
- Work with a collaborative, and diverse team
- Inbound call centre that makes a different for Aotearoa
Mō mātou |About Us
As New Zealand’s national statistics office, Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ is uniquely positioned to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGO’s and New Zealanders make every day. Our structure, culture and systems are designed with collaboration and customers in mind – mobilised and working together to realise our ambition: About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa – data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Mō te tūnga | The roles
Multiple fixed-term roles available from 10 January 2022 up until 8th April 2022 (10-13-week contract)
These roles provide phone and email-based support and technical assistance to our diverse team of field staff working across New Zealand for the 2023 Census dress rehearsal. Reporting to a Customer Service Leader, you will work autonomously within a small team in our large inbound contact centre or from home, depending on the COVID alert levels.
Day to day, you will be involved in:
- Assisting field staff with their technology
- Troubleshoot system issues
- Provide accurate information to field staff about business processes
- Support our field staff with health & safety risks and incidents
- Escalating cases if necessary and providing feedback to your leader from the field
The Census Field Helpdesk will be operational 7 days per week between the hours of 8 am and 9 pm. Rosters will rotate across these operational windows; therefore, you’ll need the ability to work over weekends and evenings up until 9pm.
Salary: $44,363 – $51-700, negotiable, depending on the successful applicants’ skills and experience
Mōu | About you
You’ll have a passion for problem solving and supporting your colleagues who are out in the field facing challenging situations and customers. While not essential, experience within a contact centre, first level support help desk or similar role would be helpful. However, what is important is your transferable skills and knowledge and the ability to:
- Be adaptable and effectively communicate with a wide range of people over the phone and via email
- Be resilient with a can-do attitude
- Good time management and the ability to proactively manage your workload
- Experience with a variety of technology to support and troubleshoot problems
- Work in a diverse team, as well as working autonomously
- A strong work ethic, along with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A great sense of humour and enjoy celebrating success with your colleagues
You’ll be joining an inclusive environment where people, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion or background are supported to be able to do their best work. This includes:
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career
- An environment that’s safe, where you can be yourself
- Exciting and meaningful work that makes a difference to Aotearoa
- Flexible working environment
How to Apply
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
If the above matches your skills and experience, don't delay, click apply now.
Any questions that haven't been answered in this advert or the position description or if you have difficulty with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be screening applications as we receive them in order to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes on 23 December 2021 but may be removed earlier. You may be asked to complete pre-interview screen.
Check out our careers site to find out more about Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, see our careers site for our process.
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job.
375 total views, 2 today