Full-Time Corrections Officer- Tongariro
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Vacancy Number: CSNOBP7806.16
Location: Tongariro Prison- Central Region
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone Number: 0800 437 668
Nau mai haere mai, come and join our whanau at Tongariro Prison as a Corrections Officer!
- Fantastic work location
- Free car parking
- Rotating Shift Work – so you can enjoy your favourite past times
Working on the frontline at Corrections means you work face-to-face with some of New Zealand’s most difficult citizens each day. You’ll engage and encourage them to participate in their rehabilitation and education programmes while they’re in our care. It can be a challenge although the rewards can be life changing and really helps to keep our communities safe everyday.
What does the role involve?
- The ability to work in a team and relate to people from all walks of life
- Being a positive role model with life experience and skills
- The ability to identify and respond to potentially challenging situations
- Being a great communicator with a good standard of literacy
- Using computers and technology on a daily basis
What does it take to make?
Given the environment and the people you’ll work with, our standards are quite high and you’ll go through a comprehensive selection process that’ll make sure you’re safe.
- A current full New Zealand or International drivers licence,
- The legal right to work in New Zealand for a minimum 24 months,
- Be able to pass a full drug test and medical assessment, and
- Be free of or fully declare all criminal convictions or conflicts of interest (please note clean slate does not apply)
We’ll get you ready with a 11-week paid training programme that’ll tap into your life skills and experience to equip you to succeed. Starting salary of $51,490 increasing to $54,001 after initial training.
About Tongariro Prison
Tongariro Prison is on a large 8481 hectares site in the central North Island. At any one time, there could be a maximum of 300 offenders on site with access a wide range of training programmes as well as onsite employment in kitchens, forestry, farming, and general contracting roles. Winner of the Prison of the Year in 2017, its kaupapa Maori approach and proximity to outstanding adventure activities makes it an amazing place to work and live.
How to ApplyAll applications must be submitted online via our recruitment system. Please note: Applications that are emailed directly will NOT be considered.
809 total views, 3 today