Permanent Consumer Leader – Mental Health Services
Takahia te ara ora, te ara tika!
- Role model your own wellness success story.
- Influence service delivery and planning.
Have you lived with your own experience of mental illness? Do you have a high level of communication and influencing skills? Here’s an opportunity to join a team of like-minded professionals, who role model their own recovery and wellness success stories every day to lead, evaluate and enhance service delivery to others.
Our client works in partnership with ADHB planning and funding to support innovation, integration, and flexible delivery of mental health and addiction services that are responsive to the needs of Tangata Whaiora, their families, whānau/fanau, aiga, iwi and hapū.
Critical to this position is your own personal background. We are seeking applications from those who have lived with their own experience of mental illness and are able to provide strong leadership and advocacy to advance issues facing Consumers and apply strategic thinking toward a shared vision. We want to hear from you if you have previously used DHB mental health services and are now ready to provide a consumer voice in to these services.
At times, you may be “the lone” voice advocating for issues faced within the mental health sector, through a cultural lens but you will have, the inner fortitude, resilience and passion to ensure your message is understood and well received. The Consumer Leader role is at a strategic level, so you will need to be a critical thinker and be able to advocate for consumer issues at a systems level.
Key skill requirements of this position are:
- The ability to recognise the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi while acknowledging cultural and social differences of all groups.
- A high level of communication and relationship building skills.
- Knowledge of relevant health sector standards.
- Strong computer and record keeping skills.
- Demonstrated appreciation of cultural diversity.
- Knowledge of recovery perspectives and understanding of mental health issues.
- A Full, clean, New Zealand driver’s licence
You will be able to demonstrate a sustained level of wellness; which will enable you to undertake the requirements of the position, and the emotional resilience to work as an advocate applying clear boundaries in the process.
You will need to have NZ residency to apply for this position
Graduate qualifications are highly desirable.
How to ApplyPlease contact Heather Walker for a confidential conversation now on (09) 632 1108 or email your up-dated details through to email@example.com
1527 total views, 9 today