Full-Time Community Transport Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Community Transport Manager
- Extensive community engagement experience.
- Connectedness with Māori and Pacific community groups.
- Robust people leadership skills.
Work with key stakeholders to deliver events, education, activations, and marketing communications targeted to Māori and Pacific audiences.
Ko wai mātou?
It’s a frightening statistic to acknowledge that our Māori and Pacific children are more likely to be injured on Auckland roads than anyone else, research reveals. Māori children alone are 65 per cent more likely to be killed or hurt on our roads than children of other ethnicities.
To turn the tide on these figures, and to influence the lives of many, a local government team has been established to design, implement, and review customised programmes of work. As such, we are seeking to attract a highly experienced people leader who is already networked within their local community to creditably provide a deep understanding of community insights, via a cultural perspective.
The ultimate goal of the programmes is to support a reduction in deaths and serious injury across Tāmaki Makaurau.
Te āhua o Te Tūrunga
Building relationships with community groups, schools, NZ Police, and other key partners, you will be accountable for developing a deep understanding of community insights. Identifying and championing initiatives and projects to improve safety, you will be accountable for the development and delivery of the community transport business plan.
Your high cultural competency will see you leveraging relationships with Māori and Pacific Island communities to ensure high engagement community outcomes are achieved. Te Reo Māori and or a Pacific language skill would be highly advantageous, as would your established, grass roots community networks. The core objective of this position is to establish and deliver a broad range of road safety behaviour change programmes across high-risk road safety themes and communities.
The position is wide ranging and will be responsible for partnering with schools and communities driving awareness, education and behaviour change to improve transport safety outcomes.
Ngā tino Pūkenga/Whēako
As a people influencer, people leader and trusted advisor, you will be commercially astute, highly experienced, with the skill to analyse information and to understand complex issues which will allow you make well researched and robust decisions.
Knowledge, skills, and experience for application are to include:
- Experience in the creation and delivery of behavioural change campaigns or programmes.
- Skilled in the development of product and service offerings and highly experienced with co-design and delivery of collaborative outcomes with key customer groups and external stakeholders.
- Expertise in the management of complex relationships coupled with effective collaboration skills to ensure impact and connectedness.
- A tertiary qualification in marketing, events, business, or a related discipline.
- A proud, authentic, and inspiring leadership style – you are able to take others with you on this journey.
- Experience with people coaching and mentoring.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in marketing, event management, community engagement or local government.
- Skilled at leading and creating a strong and values aligned organisational culture.
- Budgetary and project management skills.
Reporting to the GM of Marketing and Customer Engagement, you will have a team of circa 7 direct reports, and indirect reports of a further 40 individuals on a daily basis .
Remuneration is positioned to attract those with a senior skill level and extensive leadership experience.
To apply, or to enquire further in confidence contact Heather Walker for a confidential conversation now on (09) 632 1108 or email your updated CV and covering letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on: Monday the 19th of April 2020 at 5pm
How to ApplyTo apply, or to enquire further in confidence contact Heather Walker for a confidential conversation now on (09) 632 1108 or email your updated CV and covering letter through to email@example.com Applications close on: Monday the 19th of April 2020 at 5pm
914 total views, 2 today