Casual Community Support Workers. Ref: MPJ968.
This employer strives to assist people attain and live rich and fulfilled lives. They do this by providing community based, recovery focused, mental health support services across the Auckland region.
The Support Worker position operates from our Residential Services house based in Manurewa and provides support to consumers living in the Counties Manukau District Health Board’s Community.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and compassionate person who is recovery orientated to join their team. You will deliver intensive support in partnership with clients to achieve their goals in terms of:
- Life skills
- Respite support
- Family / whānau support
In your day-to-day role you will:
- Support clients recovery pathway back into their community
- Assist clients with developing their life skills
- Engage with clients and their family / whānau
- Assist clients with their goal plan
- Maintain a clean safe environment
You will demonstrate these skills and attributes:
- Understand issues facing clients, including alcohol and drugs
- Be passionate about advocating for our clients and improving health outcomes
- Be committed to Te Whare Tapa Wha strengths philosophy and organisational values
- Develop strong working relationships with people, their family / whānau, clinical services and community resources
- Have an understanding of the current issues facing people experiencing mental illness, including co-existing problems
- Be a confident decision maker in crisis situations
- Have excellent communication, planning and organisational skills
- Have good computer skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of clients
- Actively reflect on your work practice to enhance people’s recovery
- Use strategies to engage meaningfully and in partnership with a strengths focus
- Flexibility to work hours to meet clients needs and work in other teams as required
- Have a compassionate, caring, non-judgmental and supportive attitude
If you have a Level 4 mental health qualification (or studying towards) and have experience relevant to mental health (or equivalent with transferable skills), we’d love to hear from you.
It is essential that you hold a full, clean driver’s licence as you will be required to travel around Auckland. You will also be required to undertake a security check.
We welcome applications from people with lived mental health experience.
Salary starts at $35,000 pa and will be dependent on your level of experience and relevant qualification.
How to Apply
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.
Email your CV to Heather Walker now or call 09 632 1108.
770 total views, 2 today