Full-Time Community Engagement and Health Promotion Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Mental Health Foundation (MHF) has an exciting opportunity for an innovative leader, with experience in public health to lead the Community Engagement and Health Promotion team.
The MHF is a charity that works towards creating a society free from discrimination, where all people enjoy positive mental health & wellbeing.
The team provides the MHF with specialist knowledge in community engagement and health promotion and ensures this lens is applied across the organisation through our projects and programmes.
In this position you will be responsible for managing, leading and supporting the team to undertake all community and health promotion activities in identified settings and topic areas such as; workplace wellbeing, education wellbeing, suicide prevention and postvention, and prejudice and discrimination of people with lived experience of mental distress. You will also be the first point of contact for the Ministry of Health and lead the coordination of cross-organisational work to deliver MHF strategies, projects and programmes.
Your leadership skills and experience will be put to great use as you lead, develop and coach the team to build on their skills, and contribute towards creating an Aotearoa where all people thrive.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Five years’ experience of performing operational management disciplines and practices associated with: budget management, project planning and management, personnel management
- Understanding of public health/population health approaches
- Engagement with and understanding of Te Ao Māori and tikanga Māori
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within a management team
- Proven ability to coach and lead staff to work collaboratively across an organisation
- Excellent and proven relationship management skills (internally and externally) with a wide range of potential stakeholders
- Ability to provide and contribute to promoting a non-discriminatory workplace environment which promotes mental health and wellbeing, and welcomes diversity.
If that sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer:
Our vibrant, open plan office is based in the heart of Mt Eden. We offer a positive, supportive, friendly and collaborative team culture. Flexible working arrangements, including summer hours (half day Fridays during daylight savings!). Professional and personal development opportunities are encouraged and supported. The MHF works within its organisational values of:
- Ōritetanga - fairness and equity
- Tika, Pono, Aroha - respect, truthfulness, compassion
- Whanaungatanga- trusted relationships, whānau centred
- Te Pae Tawhiti - innovation
- Toitū– sustainability
This role sits within the Mental Health Foundation’s Community Engagement and Health Promotion team and reports to the General Manager of Marketing and Operations.
The salary will be commensurate to the successful candidate’s skills and experience for the role.
The Mental Health Foundation actively promotes the articles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We value the expertise of people with experience of mental illness – tangata whaiora – and we are an EEO employer.
How to ApplyIf you would like to apply for this role, please complete this application https://mhfnz.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=53, and there you will find a copy of the job description. Closing date for applications is Tuesday, 26th October at 5pm.
158 total views, 1 today