Permanent Communications and Engagement Advisor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Communications and Engagement Advisor
Job Ref: 28772
About the role:
You’ll get the chance to work in an energising environment that is committed to ensuring that tamariki and rangatahi are safe and well. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation and you’ll be key to seeing us do better for tamariki and rangatahi; and their whānau that need aroha and support.
Our Communications and Engagement team has a fantastic opportunity (1 year fixed term) for a communications and engagement expert to join them to support the Auckland Region by thinking differently, engaging creatively and leveraging their communications and engagement talent.
Our dynamic communications and engagement team lead the work we need to do to activate the hearts and minds both within the organisation and in New Zealand in order to change lives. You’ll be a master storyteller who enjoys engaging with stakeholders and partners and you will have a natural ability to navigate complex situations with ease. You’ll share your knowledge and expertise generously while being part of a world class team of Communications and Engagement Advisors based throughout New Zealand.
With attention to detail like no other and outstanding writing skills, you’ll have a natural ability to quickly adapt information into concise, accurate and easy to understand form. Previous experience in change management would be an advantage. Your excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills, with your strong focus on collaboration and being a team player, as well as being able to work to competing deadlines will see you thrive in this role. We are committed to increasing our cultural confidence as an organisation and proficiency in Te Reo Māori would be incredibly valuable.
Skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to creatively tell compelling stories.
- Experience with contributing and influencing culture building.
- Proficient in Te Reo Māori and have a solid understanding of Taha Māori.
- Ability to establish positive relationships at a high level and to manage complex working relationships.
- Coordinate events and functions including the creation of engaging content.
- An in-depth understanding of how people and organisations function.
- Demonstrated experience at handling high pressure situations with calmness and professionalism.
- Bring with you a fresh way of thinking and new ideas.
- An open mind, curiosity and lots of energy.
What we offer:
- A collaborative environment.
- Fun-loving team where there is never a dull moment.
- Opportunities for professional and personal development.
- Flexible working options.
Oranga Tamariki is dedicated to supporting tamariki in New Zealand whose wellbeing is at significant risk of harm now, or in the future. We also work with rangatahi who may have offended, or are likely to offend. We believe in the right environment, with the right people surrounding and nurturing them, tamariki can, and should flourish.
If you want to be part of changing the way New Zealand supports our children and young people, apply now.
How to Apply:
Please apply online. HERE
If this is not possible or if you have any questions please contact us through Hr_Recruit@ot.govt.nz Internal Oranga Tamariki Employees – please apply through your myHR portal.
Applications close: 18 August 2019.
How to ApplyPlease apply online. HERE If this is not possible or if you have any questions please contact us through Hr_Recruit@ot.govt.nz Internal Oranga Tamariki Employees – please apply through your myHR portal. Applications close: 18 August 2019.
531 total views, 1 today