Full-Time Communications Advisor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Are you an excellent communicator with a real passion for story-telling, sustainability and a natural ability to engage various audiences across a range of channels?
- Permanent, full-time position based in a green, environmentally friendly office in Auckland CBD.
- Join a growing not-for-profit organisation committed to tackling key health and environmental issues.
- Play a key role in a team that values ideas, creativity and impact.
Do you want to make sure all New Zealanders live in healthy, warm homes, and make Aotearoa cleaner and less polluted? At the New Zealand Green Building Council, we’re a team of people who are passionate advocates for better buildings, because we know that better buildings mean healthier, happier Kiwis. We want all New Zealanders to live in warm, healthy homes, and for all our buildings to be clean, efficient places in which people thrive.
We are now looking for a vibrant and energetic Communications Advisor, who will play a key role in ensuring that the New Zealand Green Building Council achieves a strong public profile and effective audience engagement for their work, through the design and implementation of effective, inspiring, engaging and innovative storytelling across all communications channels.
You’ll have knowledge of social media and digital channels, and how an organisation like the Green Building Council might use them, and it is expected that you will provide communications, brand and editorial advice and support to staff across the organisation, whilst ensuring that all materials are high quality, and consistent with brand and communication strategies.
In addition, you will be required to:
- Play a lead role with our social media channels, including creating content, identifying strategic opportunities, scheduling and posting.
- Write articles, news releases and other content as needed.
- Act as first point of contact for media inquiries when necessary and respond to media inquiries.
- Develop video and image content, primarily for social and digital channels.
- Develop web content and play a key role in ensuring the website is updated.
- Support in the promotion and implementation of branding.
- Provide and approve print and image content for external organisations as appropriate.
- Demonstrate the ability to use office software such as MS Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Some experience or knowledge of In-design, video, photo editing and production would be advantageous.
- Contribute to decisions on key communications metrics and the communications strategy.
- Demonstrate a ‘grass roots’ understanding and experience of our New Zealand culture and values.
As the successful candidate, you will possess a degree in communications, journalism or similar and / or at least two years experience working in a similar role. With a genuine interest for people and sustainability, you will share our passion and vision for a healthy, green and sustainable Aotearoa, for all New Zealanders, and be committed to being part of our team.
Now is the time to let your creative side come alive. If you have a real passion for people, communications and sustainability, we want to hear from you. Please send your CV and Cover letter to Violetta Petersen-Lesatele email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (09) 632 1108 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close on Monday 5th August 2019 at 5.00pm.
How to ApplyNow is the time to let your creative side come alive. If you have a real passion for people, communications and sustainability, we want to hear from you. Please send your CV and Cover letter to Violetta Petersen-Lesatele email: email@example.com or phone (09) 632 1108 for a confidential discussion. Applications close on Monday 5th August 2019 at 5.00pm.
441 total views, 2 today