Fixed-term Collections Analyst (Māori Survey Liaison Officer)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Fixed-term until 28 September 2018 – Auckland
- Flexible working hours
- Internal and external training programmes on offer
- Fluency in Te Reo Māori
- Work for a family friendly organisation
- Engage with the Māori community
Who are we?
Stats NZ’s vision is to unleash the power of data to change lives and Collection Operations are at the forefront of this in our data sourcing role from business and households across NZ. Stats NZ has a supportive and engaging culture and cares about its people and their development. Not only do you get to work for a family friendly organisation, you are able to make a difference by helping our front line teams grow and develop.
What is the role?
Following Census, there is a separate initiative that uses the sub-population data related to Māori to link into Te Kupenga (formally the Māori Social Survey). This survey allows us to collect data that enables us to ‘dig deeper’ into Māori society and how we can best bring benefit to it.
In this role, you will play a key part in the team that designs and manages the collection strategy, and drives the operational planning. You will be involved with every facet of the collection as an expert in Te Ao Māori. From providing the perspective of the Māori community to the project, to conducting interviews with or managing objections from respondents who have requested to communicate in Te Reo Māori, to being closely involved with training development and support facilitation of training to our front line teams to ensure that the are comfortable with pronunciation and confident with completing interviews, to providing analysis and insights to the business regarding the collection, to collaborating with Māori advisors within the organisation.
To be successful in this role, you are expected to have experience in the following:
- Te Ao Māori
- Training development and facilitation
- Project Management
- Engagement with Māori communities
- Escalation /complaint management
You must also have:
- fluency in Te Reo Māori (both written and verbal)
- a full driver’s licence
- willingness and availability to travel throughout New Zealand
- strong analytical and numerical skills
- a high level of proficiency with MS Office.
In addition, you will be able to demonstrate most of the following:
- Passionate about Te Ao Māori, and improving social outcomes for Māori
- Be a self-starter with the ability to provide insightful analysis to the business
- Fantastic interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact across all levels within the organisation
Nice things we have:
- Regular one on ones
- Ongoing development.
- Great team to work with.
- Wellness grant
- Discount on group health insurance
- Social club
- Excellent environment in Central Auckland
If you believe you have the required attributes for this position, then we would welcome your application.
Applications close at 11.59pm on Thursday, 22 March 2018.
How to ApplyPlease apply via our careers site by clicking here. If you believe you have the required attributes for this position, then we would welcome your application. Applications close at 11.59pm on Thursday, 22 March 2018.
854 total views, 1 today