Permanent Chief Policy Advisor, Strategic Asset Management – Wellington
- Permanent – Full-time
- Help shape the direction of the school infrastructure portfolio
Education Infrastructure Service (EIS) as a part of the Ministry manages one of the largest property portfolios in New Zealand, composed of over 2,100 primary and secondary State schools and over 8,000 hectares of land with a carrying value of $17.2 billion. EIS is also responsible for managing school payroll, school transport and for the delivery of information communication technology in schools. EIS undertakes around 3,000 projects per annum; a combination of Ministry and School led projects costing at least $800m per annum.
About the role
The Chief Policy Advisor, Strategic Asset Management helps set the strategy and plan how the school infrastructure portfolio is to be managed. You will help develop the service level framework for the portfolio and influence how investments are prioritised towards improving the performance of the assets over time. You will be instrumental in how we develop our strategic asset management capability in pursuit of our strategic objectives.
You will provide strong intellectual, analytical and professional leadership in developing the EIS strategic asset management capability in support of the Ministry’s strategy and government’s objectives. The role includes the development of an asset management strategy and plan for the portfolio as well as overseeing improvements in how we manage the portfolio.
Your key priorities will include the following:
- Leadership and advice – Initiate and /or lead the development of advice on significant issues involving high levels of complexity, potential conflict and risk, and propose practical solutions to develop and implement our asset management strategy, frameworks and plans
- Strategy formulation and planning – Take a creative, practical and proactive approach to problem identification and resolution of strategic asset management issues, linking with other parts of the Ministry as appropriate
You will have significant experience and expertise in policy analysis and/or strategic asset management, including the provision of advice on complex issues.
You will also offer:
- a thorough understanding of strategic asset management, preferably with an understanding of the role of school infrastructure in supporting delivery of education
- excellent oral and written communication, including the ability to present complex issues clearly and concisely
- excellent analytical skills.
Please review the position description attached and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, please apply now using the ‘apply online’ button.
For further information please contact Stephanie Phillips at email@example.com
How to ApplyPlease review the position description by copy and pasting this link into your browser: http://expressonline.hainesattract.co.nz/pdfs/583006_JobDesc.pdf Please visit our website to apply for the role. Applications close at midnight on Tuesday, 27 February 2018.
159 total views, 11 today