Full-Time Chief Executive – Pou Whakahaere
Chief Executive – Pou Whakahaere
An accomplished leader of people who is skilled in post-settlement or organisational transition management.
- Comfortable working in both strategic and hands-on environment.
- Politically savvy and an awareness of the sensitivity of the kaupapa.
- Pivotal position, reporting to the Board.
“A muri kia mau ki tēnā, kia mau ki te kawau mārō, whaneke ake, whanake ake”
(Forever hold fast to the spearhead flight formation of the kawau)
Maniapoto Māori Trust Board is a tribal organisation that aspires for a vibrant Maniapoto and is a dynamic and innovate organisation that seeks to be representative and accountable to Maniapoto Iwi, to advocate for and on behalf of Maniapoto and to facilitate sustainable development and change. Key to the Board’s purpose and vision, is effective advocacy, leadership and support in the enhancement of wellbeing, independence and empowerment of Maniapoto iwi members to realise their potential through their own individual and collective development. This will be supplemented by the creation of new opportunities, the growth of capacity and knowledge, whilst being proactive in the protection and advancement of Maniapoto interests.
With many project milestones realised across a broad range of interests, we are seeking a highly experienced, and culturally aligned CEO who will navigate and steer the Trust on the next step of its journey. Overseeing the transition to the Post Settlement Group Entity, the intent is to actively seek out opportunities that will empower the people of Maniapoto and grow Maniapoto resources and tribal estate, including maximising Covid recovery initiatives.
The Trust has taken a holistic approach to health, employment, education, housing, social services, land claims, Kaumātua and rangatahi. As such, we are seeking those who have vested interest in their local community and have the personal Mana to support and guide them on their journey. Working with the Board to lead the implementation of strategic plans, the CEO will ensure annual priorities and operational plans are aligned, execute, and monitored.
The primary purpose of the CEO is to uphold and reflect the voice and kaupapa of Maniapoto. Leading the Maniapoto Māori Trust Board to deliver its strategy, vision, and values, the CEO will be the orator and face of the Trust. Possessing the humility to work with Maniapoto whānau, iwi, and hapū, it is expected that you have a reputation among Kaumātua and Kuia as someone who is trusted and leads in a tika, pono and aroha way.
Knowledge skills and experience required for this position are to include:
- Broad senior leadership experience, with a minimum 7 year’s direct experience in an operational capacity, including financial management and hands on staff management.
- Knowledge of Te Reo me ona tikanga Māori and appreciation of Iwi dynamics.
- Be able to demonstrate post-settlement or organisational transition management.
- Experience leading large and complex change, preferably within the Māori, government, or the NGO sector.
- Demonstrated capability to navigate political and highly complex organisations whilst remaining apolitical.
- Extensive financial management, budget development, risk, and advisory skills
- An authentic leadership style, with a Proven track record of building and creating workplace and organisational culture.
- Expert report writing skills, with the ability to interpret complex analytical information.
- The capability of effective qualitative and quantitative judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to successfully manage competing demands and priorities.
- Expert relationship building skills.
- A relevant tertiary qualification, professional memberships, registrations, and accreditations would be considered highly advantageous.
Knowledge of Maniapoto tribal structures, relationships, and processes would be highly desirable, and will underpin and give foundation to your relationships with Maniapoto iwi, hapū, whānau, Kaumātua/Kuia.
Creating an organisational culture where everyone has a shared sense of why they are there, where they are going and is consistent with values in action that enables high performance, will call on your authentic leadership style. The ability to manoeuvre comfortably in complex and politically sensitive environments is also prerequisite to success.
Remuneration package is set at a level to attract a senior skill set and calibre of applicant.
To express an interest on a strictly confidential basis please email your cover letter and current CV through to Heather Walker at Mana Recruitment Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have questions regarding the position, please call (09) 632 1108.
Applications close on Monday the 28th of September 2020 at 5.00pm.
How to ApplyTo express an interest on a strictly confidential basis please email your cover letter and current CV through to Heather Walker at Mana Recruitment Ltd at email@example.com or if you have questions regarding the position, please call (09) 632 1108. Applications close on Monday the 28th of September 2020 at 5.00pm.
1061 total views, 5 today