Full-Time Chief Executive
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Teaching Council of Aotearoa New Zealand | Matatū Aotearoa is the professional body for, and voice of, the New Zealand teaching profession, representing over 100,000 registered teachers in New Zealand from early childhood education through to primary and secondary schooling, in English and Māori medium settings.
The Teaching Council’s role is to promote all that is best about teaching – good practice, innovative ideas and inspirational leadership, whilst boosting the status of teaching and bringing consistently high standards across the education system.
Currently the Teaching Council invites applications for the position of Chief Executive, to lead the organisation through its next stage of growth and development. In this context it seeks an individual with an education or relevant sector background, and with significant professional leadership experience. Further to this, there will be interest in talking to exceptional leaders with demonstrated expertise in the following areas:
· A thought leader; practically innovative with an engaging energy, passion and enthusiasm;
· A strategic mindset that can be applied commercially;
· Driving quality and productivity; creating and managing high performing teams;
· A collaborative style in building meaningful and credible relationships with key stakeholders;
· Knowledge and appreciation for Mātauranga Māori, proficiency in tikanga and/or a commitment to develop further as required;
· Operational nous, strong people leadership and effective oversight will also be hallmarks of success in this role.
Most importantly, success in this role will require an outstanding service ethic and a passion for the Teaching Council’s purpose. For those seeking a leadership challenge that contributes to improving the lives of many, this role represents a compelling opportunity.
How to ApplyTo apply in strict confidence now, click here or email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 356278mpj. Applications close on 10 October 2019 at 5pm. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email. To view the position description, please click here. For more information please phone Katy Anquetil on +64 27 512 8193.
576 total views, 1 today