Casual Casual and Weekend Support Workers
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Casual and Weekend Support Workers Needed!
- Make a difference in your community.
- Casual and Weekend W/O positions available.
- Full Drivers License is preferred, but not essential.
Are you currently studying a Level 4 Mental Health or Social Services qualification or recently completed your studies and looking to gain experience in the sector?
Our client provides community based, recovery focused, mental health support services across the Auckland South region. They strive to assist people attain and live rich and fulfilled lives; are seeking dedicated and compassionate Support Workers who are ready to join their team. They have casual and weekend shifts available
You will be flexible to work within 24/7 rotating or wake over shifts and you will deliver intensive support in partnership with clients to achieve their goals in terms of:
- Life Skills
- Respite Support
- Family/Whānau Support
First preference will be given to those who have a Level 4 Mental Health qualification or Social Services qualification (or if you are currently studying towards), and if you have experience relevant to mental health (or equivalent with transferable skills).
In addition, you will demonstrate these skills and attributes:
- Understand issues facing clients, including alcohol and drugs.
- Be a confident decision maker in crisis situations.
- Have excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Be passionate about achieving improved health outcomes.
- Have good computer skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of client’s.
- Actively reflect on your work practice to enhance people’s recovery.
- Use strategies to engage meaningfully and in partnership with a strengths focus.
- Flexibility to work hours to meet client needs and work in other teams as required.
- Have a compassionate, caring, non-judgemental and supportive attitude.
You will need to have NZ residency to apply for this position. It is also essential that you hold a full, clean drivers licence and you will be required to undertake a security check.
Mehemea he Māori koe hei turanga pai mau.
How to ApplyWe are seeking applications from those who are driven to make a difference, have outstanding personal motivation, exceptional resilience, patience, and above all want to support others to meet their life goals. Please send through your updated CV and covering letter to Tiare - firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 09 632 1108; we’d love to hear from you!
598 total views, 1 today