Full-Time Business Support Manager
- Permanent, full-time
- Christchurch, Canterbury
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
We are seeking an experienced manager to work alongside our Canterbury leadership team and to lead our regional Business Support Team to provide a seamless and efficient administration and office operational experience to our staff.
Sector Enablement and Support
The Business Support Manager sits within our Sector Enablement and Support group (SE&S) which is the key interface between the ministry and education providers. It is our role to ensure that sector leaders and the communities in which they operate have access to the expertise, programmes and resources that will allow our children and young people to reach their full potential.
We give effect to government and ministry policy and support education and community leadership within a self-managing system, to bring about the positive changes required to lift aspiration and raise educational achievement for all.
About the role:
- Responsible for leading and developing the performance and delivery of our region’s administration and support services team, supporting all managers accessing support services in Canterbury
- Provide business expertise and advice to the Director of Education and leadership team to optimise business performance, strengthen capability, support core business delivery, and manage risk
- Responsible for managing the facilities in the office as well as the local vehicle fleet
- The ideal candidate for this role is someone who understands what it takes to be a great office administrator in a busy office. Someone with exceptional technical skills, and problem-solving capability. You will require emotional intelligence and an understanding as to people support (internally and externally)
- You will need to possess a can-do attitude with an ability to balance the needs and priorities of different groups and initiatives
- Be results-driven and strive for achievement in both the day-to-day operations of the area, as well as in identifying and progressively improving activities and services
Are you ready to make a difference?
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, including Māori, Pacific and those with disabilities, who will enrich our understanding of the education system.
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi’s guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
If this opportunity interests you, apply now using the ‘Apply Online’ button. You can view a job description below or for further information please contact Millie Gracie at email@example.com
Please review the position description by copying and pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/680897_JobDesc.pdf
Applications close on Sunday, 25 April 2021.
How to ApplyPlease apply via our website: https://jobs.education.govt.nz/jobtools/jncustomsearch.viewFullSingle?in_organid=17584&in_jnCounter=224567227&in_jobDate=All&in_searchbox=YES&in_summary=S&in_site=CareersSite
146 total views, 5 today