Full-Time Business Development Manager (Fixed Term)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s world ranked top 100 university. The Business School is one of the largest and most successful in the Australasian region and the top ranked Business School in New Zealand. Our Business school has an international reputation for its excellence, innovation, programmes and partnerships.
Within the Business School, the Graduate School of Management (GSM) delivers the MBA, Post Graduate Diploma, Business Masters and Executive Education programmes. Executive Education helps over 2,500 professionals annually to improve their individual and organisational performance in both the private and public sectors. Our programmes improve the management, leadership, performance and competitiveness of both private and public sector organisations across New Zealand.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Business Development Manager to focus on developing, growing and executing the recruitment strategy across the GSM portfolio. Reporting to the Director of Executive Education, you will be self-starter with a solid background in stakeholder management.
Key accountabilities for this position include, but not limited to:
- Contribute to the development of Executive Education’s marketing and recruitment strategy by providing information and advice on the profile and messaging for marketing.
- Develop and manage key business accounts at local, regional national levels and international levels.
- In conjunction with the Director of Executive Education, maximise and monitor the conversion of leads for C-Suite and Customised Progormmes against set targets.
- Keep up to date with economic and business developments and overall business trends.
- Develop and maintain relationships with others interfacing with external stakeholder within the Business School to ensure a consistent level of service and to enable communities of practise within the function.
- In consultation with Director of Executive Education and Director of Faculty Finance ensure awareness of potential financial implication of contracts negotiated with clients to deliver profit maximisation.
Skills and experience:
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- a strong track record of leadership and stakeholder management, together with a commitment to results-oriented, collaborative and evidence-based ways of working.
- experience of strategic marketing and recruitment in the tertiary education environment, identifying particular targets and working with academics, combined with customer relationship management, and having the professionalism to represent the University nationally and internationally
- experience in data analysis and reporting, as there will be a requirement to report on sales activity.
- behaviours aligned to the development and maintenance of a culture that is inclusive, flexible and encourages excellence.
- Proactivity, energy and efficiency and an ability to inspire confidence and respect while working effectively with different groups of people and cultures.
For further information on the Graduate School of Management and our Executive Education programmes please visit www.exec.auckland.ac.nz
For additional information please refer to the Position Description
The University of Auckland is dedicated to providing an excellent and stimulating environment for its employees which ensures a healthy work life balance through.
- Opportunity to manage an exciting and diverse portfolio that supports the development of working professionals..
- Over 300 different career development courses.
- Discounted, onsite childcare, parking and various leisure and recreation services.
For more information on the benefits of working here, see our Staff Benefits page.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Sunday, 24 November 2019 to be considered. Please include a cover letter outlining what strengths you would bring to this position.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 55565164. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Sunday 24th November 2019.
625 total views, 1 today