Part-Time Business Development and Iwi Liaison
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Business Development and Iwi Liaison
MIT is at the forefront of changing lives with vocational education, with a strong vision of getting people into great jobs, and critical to this outcome are the mutually beneficial partnerships we create with iwi and industry. The quality of our partnerships and the opportunities we can offer our students have a direct impact on student engagement and long-term success including the development of the growing Māori economy.
This is where you come in.
This is the perfect role for someone with passion and skills committed to the advancement of Mātauranga Māori, entrepreneurship and whānau, hapū and iwi success. This role primarily Identifies and develops Māori business networks across a wide range of industry sectors to create opportunities for revenue growth. Establish relationships with businesses in Tāmaki Makaurau and beyond, to develop a strong pipeline of revenue-opportunities and placements in industry for our students and graduates. Nurture relationships with iwi including the mana whenua of Manukau, Tāmaki Makaurau, Te Tai Tokerau, and Waikato-Tainui.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum experience of five years within relevant industry/sector.
- Experience in working with iwi and iwi-owned organisations
- Proficiency in te reo Māori
- Servant leadership
- Proven track record in developing business opportunities and achieving sales targets.
- Experience in developing strong, sustained external business relationships in te ao Māori and te ao whānui.
- Relevant qualification.
- Have strong commercial and financial acumen with a proven record of having met or exceeded growth targets in revenue.
- Well-established and positive network and profile in NZ.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Does not demonstrate call resistance
- Demonstrates strong listening skills.
At MIT you will work with some incredible people who are passionate about the positive impact we make to the communities we serve. We offer a work environment which values genuine people who care for others, are well-connected, open and approachable and strive for excellence in all we do. If you are excited by the role and feel you would fit well into our organisation, we would love to hear from you.
“Kua herea mātou ki te whai i te tūturutanga o Te Tiriti O Waitangi.” We are committed to creating and maintaining a culturally sensitive work environment in relation to Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
For a copy of the Job Description or to apply CLICK HERE.
If you would like any further information please contact Jonathan Mana, Talent Acquisition Specialist (09) 9760731
Applications close on 29th March 2019.
How to ApplyFor a copy of the Job Description or to apply CLICK HERE. If you would like any further information please contact Jonathan Mana, Talent Acquisition Specialist (09) 9760731 Applications close on 29th March 2019.
656 total views, 1 today